♕ Chapter 20

Depuis le début

"You don't have to pretend, Rose," he said and walked away from there, leaving her behind. Rose who was bewildering, sped up to catch up with him. "I'm not pretending. I don't like him," she said and somehow, sounding so desperate to tell him the truth about her feelings. Seth looked up and rolled his eyeballs. "Then why're you panicking just now?" he glanced at her. 

"I don't want Alex to think I'm so desperate to be love," she looked down. "Because I hugged you that night," . Seth raised an eyebrow. "Are you desperate to be love?" he asked in a serious yet playful tone. Rose wrinkled her nose, shaking her head rapidly. "No! What kind of question was that?" she exclaimed. 

"Forget about it," Seth said shortly and they reached their bedrooms. He stretched his arms. "I'm so tired! I couldn't sleep last night," he yawned. 

"Why?"

"A buffalo slept on me until I couldn't breath. She's so heavy," he whined and opened his bedroom door. "That buffalo is an airhead and she's desperate to be love. It reminds me a lot of you, Rose," he said, nodding and before he closed the door, he shouted. "Goodnight, Rose The Buffalo!" 

"Seth Larston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

~~

 "Bye," Rose said as she was about to walk to her class. But then, Seth took her hand. "Wait," he said and stopped her from walking. She turned herself facing him and pulled her hand away from his. "What?" she asked, puzzled.

"Are you going to see Alex?" Seth cleared his throat. 

"He's my classmate, Seth, of course I'll see him," Rose rolled her eyes, annoyed. Seth nodded before he said, "I'll send you," he started to walk. Rose wrinkled her nose. "Why would you? The film building is over there," she said and was even more puzzle by his weird behaviour.

Seth was silent for a second, trying to think of an explanation. "I could go where ever I want," he said and then grabbed her arm. "You'll be late for class," he pulled her arm and walked away from there. "But-" Rose stuttered but she couldn't do anything as he was gripping her arm. 

"Seth!" a voice suddenly called for him from behind. Rose and Seth craned their neck as they watched Jessica rushing toward them. "Hi," she greeted and her eyes stared sharply on his hand that was still holding Rose.

Rose realised that she was staring on her arm that Seth was holding. She pulled her arm away from his and looked down uncomfortably. She couldn't help but to curse her under her breath. Why'd she always come between them? 

"What are you doing here?" Seth asked in an unfriendly voice. Jessica smiled, pretending like she didn't know that Seth hated to see her. "I'm looking for you," she said and fixed her eyes on him. "I didn't have the chance to talk to you these few days,"

"I'm busy," Seth replied shortly. "And I am still. Let's go," he grabbed Rose's arm again and this time, he'd tighten his grip so she wouldn't be able to free herself from him. Rose gave an awkward look at Jessica before Seth pulled her away, heading towards their class. She glanced on Seth's face and he was wearing a numb expression, like always.

"Why'd you ignore her?" Rose asked, crossing her arms to her chest as they reached the front of her classroom. Seth shrugged. "Why shouldn't I?" he asked and moved himself a little to let a student to enter the classroom. 

"She's your friend,"

"So?"

"So, you have to be nice to her," Rose said firmly. She didn't know why she'd back her up but she does felt guilty to Jessica. No matter what, she took Seth from her and it was unfair. "She came to you but you ignored her. What would you feel if someone did that to you?"