Palm Park

Finn hurriedly put on his shirt and coat, grabbed a pen from the lobby, and headed out looking for Sadie. He found her outside the hotel having a conversation with another girl in a wheelchair.

"Sadie?"

"Finn! Come here." She waved him over.

As Finn approached, the other girl's eyes widened and she started breathing heavily and muttering, "Oh my God...it's him, it's really him..."

"Okay, Finn, meet my friend Angela."

Finn turned towards Angela and gave her a wave, still confused as to why Sadie had called him down.

"So, Angela here is a big fan of yours. I met her about a year ago and promised her that if I ever met you, I'd make you meet her. So here we are!"

Finn let out a sigh. "Oh okay, you had me worried!"

Finn autographed Angela's magazine cover of him and took many selfies with her, leaving her with a hug. Angela thanked both Sadie and Finn, hugging Sadie before she left into the night.

Finn turned to Sadie, "So any other secret fans I need to meet?"

Sadie pulled out a paper, "Just me." Finn let out another laugh as he signed her paper. "I'll be asking for your autograph after this season," he promised.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you about Angela before, but I only just met you, and she came so suddenly..."

"That's okay, I wasn't busy at all. She seemed really nice...how do you know her?"

"Well, it's kind of a long story..." began Sadie.

"Okay, good. Let's take a walk then. Evenings in LA are the best, and there's a cool park nearby, full of tall palm trees that sway in the breeze." He caught himself, "I mean, that is, if you're not busy."

Sadie laughed, "You're my only friend here so far, so I'm glad you asked."

As they strolled through the park, Sadie began, "So, Millie already exposed me for having a Mike Wheeler fan account..."

"Yeah so, tell me about that?" Finn joked.

"Shut up, that's a story for another day!" Sadie laughed.

"Fine, fine go on."

"Okay, so Angela was one of my first followers, we first began talking through messages, we were both huge fans of Stranger Things, so we never ran out of things to talk about. Back home, I didn't have many friends. I'm very shy. So it was nice to talk to Angela. She told me how her family had gotten into a terrible car accident five years ago. Her parents were in the front seat and passed away immediately, and although Angela survived, the lower half of her body became paralyzed."

Finn froze. "Wow, I didn't know that."

"Yeah, she told me how she lived in a foster home here in LA. And we talked about how we'd fangirl when we met you. I started sending her anonymous checks of money, since she lost everything, and I try to help her whenever I can. She was beyond excited when I told her I got cast for the show, she actually came with me to my audition right here. And all she ever wanted was to meet you in person."

"Wow! Well you're a great friend for helping her out. She's free to meet me whenever she wants, maybe all three of us should hang out one day." Finn suggested.

"She would love that!" Sadie smiled. She gasped as the ground below them transitioned from gravel to sand. "Wow! Is that...."

"Yes, my favorite beach." Finn exclaimed. He went close to the water and sat down, while Sadie sat next to him.

"You know something Sadie. I was so scared to meet you. I'm always scared to meet new people. But now I feel like we've known each other for years" Finn said.

And although he couldn't see her, he could feel her smile.

"So, I guess you have loads of girls after you all the time." Sadie said.

"Actually, I do. But I've never had a girlfriend before. I...I'm not sure why" Finn said.

"Well, that's okay, I haven't had a boyfriend before either, my grandmother always told me, we always end up with who we're meant to be with, so don't worry, you'll meet her soon."

Without thinking, Finn blurted out, "What I've already met her?" He clasped his hand over his mouth.

Sadie giggled, "Oh you must be talking about Millie! I'm a huge Fillie shipper. I'm so glad to hear that..."

"No! No, no, no...Millie and I. We—no. We don't like each other in that way. She's one of my closest friends but that's about it. Plus, everyone knows Noah likes her. It's just a matter of time..." Finn rambled.

"Oh then who were you talking about?" She asked.

But before he answered, his phone started to ring as he let out a sigh of relief.

It was Caleb, reminding him that they had an early morning script reading tomorrow.

"Oh crap, it's almost midnight! It didn't feel that long!" He exclaimed getting up.

"Hey, I'll race you back" Sadie said, running off in front of him.

Finn couldn't help but smile and start running behind her.