Trouble and Departure

Sadie and Finn arrived back at the studio and the gang immediately got to work rehearsing and practicing for the first day of the shoot. They were so tired after the first day, and all went to their rooms early.

Millie to Sadie, "Okay! I don't meant to be nosy, but, you and Finn? How did everything go?"

Sadie froze, her and Finn had planned to tell them all together. But then she'd have to lie to Millie now. 

"Ugh, fine okay. Listen. But you can't tell the others yet!! Finn made me promise. But yes, we, um, we like each other," said Sadie.

Millie screamed and ran to hug Sadie. Next to them, all the boys ran out of their rooms and asked if everything was okay. Finn looked at Sadie who shrugged. 

"Okay, guys, Sadie and I have something to tell you" He went to stand by her side, awkwardly putting his hand on her shoulder. "So, Sadie and I--we--" they both suddenly became red and Sadie buried her head into his chest.

"You guys are together. We know" said Caled. Sadie and Finn looked up, "What? How?"

"Finn, we've seen you and your reactions since Sadie came here. We would have guessed anyways!" Noah said.

"Alright guys, bring it in," Gaten said wiping away tears and extending his arms out, into which all of them gathered for a group hug. 

-.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.-.-.--.

A few weeks had passed and things had been going pretty well. Everyone had been working hard and the shooting of the newest season had wrapped up. The newest season had already premiered. Finn and Sadie had gotten to know each other more, had been hanging out more, and with each passing day, realizing that they could not have possibly gotten any luckier. At the season premier, they had walked the red carpet together in matching Armani outfits, and with a simple hand-hold announced to their fans and the world that even though on the show, Mike and Eleven were the cutest, in real life, Finn and Sadie were together. 

A few days after the season premiere, something happened that would change the course of Finn and Sadie's lives forever.

The cast was invited to a meeting with network executives, and the tensions in the room were running high. They could tell because of all the pacing and hushed whispers. 

"Good morning guys, we wanted to invite you all in today to discuss something important with you," the cast recognized the man talking as the channel executive, James. 

James said, "Unfortunately and very surprisingly, our ratings are down. Like way down," he said shaking his head."We can't seem to figure out why...we want you, the cast, to sift through your social media and messages and fan mail and try to connect some dots. Obviously, the fans are not happy. And we need to turn that around for the sake of the future of this show and your careers," James concluded. 

They all left the room feeling weak in the knees. How could this possibly be? Stranger Things used to be one of the highest ranked shows in recent years. The actors were all beloved to the fans. There were no major scandals or issues. What could possibly be wrong? 

Millie, Sadie, Finn, Noah, Caleb, and Gaten all gathered around the pool outside, but no one was in the mood to swim.

"Guys, we need to get to the bottom of this, everyone on your phones now!" Millie said.

It didn't take them long to see where the fan dissatisfaction was coming from. People from all over the world were posting pictures of Sadie and Finn from the premier with big X's over them with the hashtag #StopFadie #FillieForever. These pictures were everywhere, people were tweeting about this, posting about it, making videos, and vlogs. 

"Are you kidding me?" Finn was outraged. "Why don't people understand our real lives have nothing to do with the show? That the fans can't dictate who we love and who we don't?" 

They all looked glum that night at dinner. No one wanted to be the one to break the news to James. They all knew that once this information leaked to corporate, Sadie and Finn would be asked to stop making any appearances in public, they would have to do some publicity stunt to make fans believe they had broken up. 

That night, while Sadie and Millie got ready to go to sleep, Millie burst into tears. Sadie ran to console her. Through tears, Millie said, "Oh Sadie. I'm so scared. I don't want any of this to happen. I love this show, it's always been my dream to be an actress. What's gonna happen Sadie?" Sadie stroked Millie's hair and reassured her that everything would be okay, "I'll fix this Millie. I will." When Millie fell asleep, Sadie texted Finn.

You up, Finn

Yeah, can't sleep...

Do you wanna take a walk?

Yeah, in Palm Park?

Yes, I'll meet you outside in 5

The both of them were quiet for a while. Then Finn began, "Listen, I know you must be really worried and bothered by all of this, but we'll get through it together. I've already begun thinking...I mean the fans support what they see on TV. They don't know about us in our private lives. What if we could get the Duffers to rewrite and make Max Mike's love interest..."

Sadie cut him off, "Finn, I just want to let you know that I love you very much. You were my very first friend here and I love everything about you. The way your hair sometimes falls in your face, the way your face lights up when you smile. After all these years crushing on you, it's been a fantasy to be with you. To have the honor of being your girlfriend. To walk on the red carpet with you."

They reached the beach and sat down right by the water, the same way they had the first night they had met. 

Finn said, "I can say even better things about you, Sadie. I swear, never in my life have I felt the way I feel now. I feel this sense of happiness, even just being by your side that I don't feel with anyone else. You're beautiful, you're smart, and you're so humble. I can't imagine a single day from now on with you..."

Sadie just smiled and said, "But before you met me Finn, you were already a great actor. The fans loved you. Before this show, I was living my life, and you were living yours."

"And I've only become better ever since..." said Finn. Sadie leaned her head on his shoulder. 

The next morning, Millie woke up to see half of her room empty. Sadie had left mysteriously in the middle of the night, she left the Duffers a note saying that there was a family emergency she had to take care of and that she wouldn't return to the show for the next season. 

Finn was so numb, he didn't move or talk to anyone the entire morning. Noah came by to help him make his bed and get dressed, but instead found a note from Sadie under his pillow. He handed it to Finn. 

"Finn, please forgive me. I love you too much to see you lose your dream or for the others to lose their dreams because of me. This was all my fault and I saw no other way to fix this. I love you more than you'll ever know."

And for the first time since Noah had met Finn, he saw him cry. 

To be continued...