Playful Heart [15] Sissy That Walk

Start from the beginning

“I just asked him what his intentions were. I want nothing but the best for you, and I refused to let him come back to the pack with us if he had alterative motives.”

“And he responded with?” I pushed on and this caused Noel to smile down at me.

“He said his only motive was to love you and stay by your side till your dying breathes. He said he would never do anything to harm you or put you in harms way and that he would lay down his life if it meant protecting you.” My cheeks started to fill with color at my Uncles repetition of Lysander’s words. “The boy is perfect for you. Treat each other well.” I nodded and went back to sipping my drink.

“He’s coming over here.” Noel suddenly said and I turned around to see that he was in fact, walking over to us. I opened my mouth to speak when Noels phone went off and he pulled it out of his pocket. “It’s Erin.” He sighed and looked at me and I felt my heart panic.

“No no no. You can’t leave me just yet!” I hissed quietly and he looked at me apologetically.

“Look, I’m sorry but I can’t ignore her and you know that. Just, focus on the goal. Get him into the room and then leave when Hazel and Nate attack. I’ll be waiting around the stairs for you.” I didn’t get to say another word as he dashed off, answering his phone.

“Why hello there.” I felt the hairs on my body rise as the deep voice entered my ears.

Shit shit shit shit.I “Hello there.” I answered, trying to make my voice sound mysterious and seductive. He gazed at me, lust filling his ink-black eyes and I suddenly felt fear inching up my back. This dude was just plain creepy.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before. So, how did you get into my party?” He asked, his eyebrows lifting in question as he took a sip of his drink. I decided that a smirk would make me look like a bitch, so I gave him a small sweet smile.

“My friend was originally supposed to come, but he declined and offered me and my friend the tickets instead.” I answered simply, remembering the story I was told to stick with.

“I took these tickets from one of his business partners, Mikhail Ivanov.” Essie had told us.

“More like steal. What’d you do, kill him or ask him politely for them?” Nate asked and Essie answered him with a blank stare.

“He tripped and fell into my knife.” I chuckled at the memory, then remembered I was still with Victor and looked at his amused expression.

“And what friend might that be?” He asked and I quickly answered. “Mikhail Ivanov.” He pursed his lips for a second then nodded his head.

“Ah yes. Mikhail. I called him a few days ago, and I got his voicemail saying he was on vacation. It’s strange because he never takes vacations this time of year.” His eyebrows knitted together in thought and then someone called out his name. He turned to look for the source and then chuckled.

“I have to leave, but I hope you stick around long enough so we can chat longer…”

“Nichole.”

“I like that name. Exotic.” He grabbed my hand and kissed it before walking away to converse with people. I cringed at the feeling of his lips and wiped my hand on my dress. Exotic? My name? Huh, this guy was so full of shit, the toilet is jealous.

I waited a couple of minutes for Noel to show up, but when he didn’t I decided to go use the bathroom. Well that was my excuse, because I was really going to look for the diamond doorknob. I looked around for any sign of Victors henchmen. When the coast was clear, I hurried up the stairs and started looking for the door. I sighed in relief when I found it and decided to open it and see if Nate and Hazel were in position.