RBTD (13) Reaching Beyond the Doubt and Bleeding into Serenity -FINAL-

>>Hardening 13 (Reaching Beyond the Doubt and Bleeding into Serenity)

After a few hours, we heard the walkers clear out. However, Purnd thought it best we still wait in the cellar for an hour more.

“What’s the blood on the side of the wall in the front?” Ben questioned him cautiously. “Did someone die here? Did you kill them?”

“No…” Purnd sighed. “A day before you people came, a man came here looking for shelter. We wanted to help him, but he was bitten. We couldn’t do anything to help the poor thing. He was spreading blood everywhere, and when we told him he couldn’t be helped, he had a fit and begged. He told us about his family and how they left him for a new group and he found them dead. Thank god that Tabien will never do that to me… Anyway, we had to shoot the poor thing and toss him in the woods.”

“Holy shit…” Travis gasped. “Is there really no way to help someone who is bitten?”

“Not anyway we know.” Rhiannon said looking downfallen. “Since our technology is down and no one can really research it, we probably won’t find one…”

“We’ll just have to deal with it the way it is, I guess…” Ben said crossing his arms. “Since there’s no way around it… We’ll just have to struggle until the end like this…?”  

“I guess…” I said with a bleak look. “At least we haven’t to go to school anymore!”

I realized what I said was extremely stupid since Travis and Ben were wearing their school uniforms and what I said may have brought up memories of Mr.David that Travis and Ben had lost…

“Don’t you two want different clothes?” Purnd asked Travis and Ben, later turning to Rhiannon and I. “Don’t you all need new clothing? When the house was burned down, the closets didn’t catch fire. I bet you could go find something fancy to wear.”

Rhiannon and I looked at each other. “We shouldn’t all go…” Rhiannon whispered.

“I am going to let FaceShit out again, so I think only the girls should go.” Purnd nodded.

“We’ll pick your clothes right, don’t worry!” I saluted to Travis and Ben.

Ben didn’t seem to care, but Travis looked worried. “As long as it isn’t stupid, I guess…”

Purnd led us out of the cellar into the house. “Be careful, we’ve never really kept an eye on this place, so walkers could be in there.” With that, he went over to the shed and started to whispering things to it.

Rhiannon led us into the living room of the small cabin. This house looked like it couldn’t house more than ten people… How many lived here? If Purnd, Tabien and FaceShit lived here, who else could have lived here? Didn’t Purnd say they left?