RBTD (11) The Big Sister Decides to Take a Stand Once More

>>Hardening 11 (The Big Sister Decides to Take a Stand Once More)

When we got to Crawford, we discovered it was taken over by the dead. This actually made things a bit easier, but it made me feel uneasy that the great powerful place of Crawford was taken over by the dead. That meant there was a leak somewhere… Or maybe someone died inside?

Once we all split up, Travis and I were in charge of getting into the armory so we could get weapons. We still couldn’t get in by the time everyone got back. Travis went out looking for something to open it, and found a hatchet stuck in the doors. When he brought it back, we discovered that was what held the doors together, keeping the walkers out.

Once the walkers started to come in, Kenny grabbed the hatchet and got into the armory. When we were on our way out, Brie, who was holding the door shut, got eaten by walkers as they broke through the door. It was horrible, but we made our way up the bell tower. Christa found only a few sets of ammo, but was still happy there was any.

When we made it to the top, everyone got out safely on the other side, but when the bell rang, Travis covered his ears and was grabbed by a walker that was hung from the bell. I took out the pistol I found on the way there and quickly shot it off him. However, when I went to pull him up, he was too heavy! I couldn’t keep my grip!

Thankfully, Lee grabbed me and pulled us up and we quickly made our way to the others and down into the safety of the sewers. Once we made it back to the mansion, I realized Travis didn’t look well. He had scratches all over him from where the walker had grabbed him. The sun had set, and we quickly made our way into the yard. My only fear at this point was that something got in and ate them, or Omid died and came back…

Lee opened the door and we all went inside. Everyone was sitting around the table. I saw Evie sitting on the couch with Ben, Katjaa sitting on the chair, and the children playing a game of chess. Thank goodness… They were all here still…

“You’re back!” Evie said, exploding with happiness. “Did you get what you needed?”

Lee nodded and had Vernon go upstairs with him to help Omid. Just as the Christa passed Evie to go to Omid, she stopped her.

“I never got your name.” Evie smiled. “I’m Evelyn! I feel so bad I never got to talk to you!”

Christa just glanced at her, showing her disliking of having to stop when Omid needed her. “I’m Christa.” Then she quickly went upstairs.

Ben got up to follow, but Evie tugged on his sleeve. “The room up there is small. We all shouldn’t go in at once.”

Travis sat next to Ben, clearly exhausted. “Did anything happen?” Travis asked Ben.

Ben leaned close to him so Evie couldn’t hear. “I think she has had the same dreams as we did! She was talking about the voices and such. I think Rhiannon has had those dreams too!”