29 - Cranberry Orange

Começar do início

"This should ever happen again!" Xavier stated. "Is that clear!? I don't care what you have to do! Get a restraining order if you have to! Just make sure she stays away from me!"

"Of course Mr. Thorn" Jordon nodded. "I assure you that this will never repeat."

"Good." He said, walking back to his desk. "Go take care of her. And make sure you report her for trespassing on my property."

"I will do that right away." Jordon notified before rushing out of the office.

Meanwhile, Raine stood there in a state of shock, not knowing what to make out of everything that had happened. She hesitantly walked back to her chair and sat down in front of Xavier quietly.

"I'm so sorry about that Raine." Xavier said with disappointment as he raked his fingers through his hair.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked. "It's not like you did anything wrong."

"Yeah..." He whispered. "But still, I apologize."

Raine nodded silently before the question that was looming in her mind all this while, left her mouth. "Who was she?"

"The most annoying women on this planet! She's been living in this illusion that we're dating for some stupid reason, even though I've told her a million times that it's never happening!"

"Oh..." Raine said looking down.

"Anyways, I'm starving. It's go out and grab some lunch." Xavier suggested, getting out of his seat.

"Oh, I actually had plans to go with someone else. I'm sorry." She said, slowly getting out of her seat.

"Someone else?" He repeated, frowning. "Who?"

Just as Raine was about to respond, there was a subtle knock on the door, causing both of them to turn around.

"Come in!" Xavier called out, his mind still focused on the fact that Raine was going out to lunch with someone other than him.

"Hello Mr. Thorn." Brooks said as he entered the room, glancing at Raine and smiling.

"Mr. Smith." Xavier said with an emotionless voice. "What can I do for you?"

"Oh, I didn't really need anything from you Sir." Brooks said, looking over to Raine. "I was searching for Raine and she wasn't in her office so I assumed she'd be here."

"That's Miss. Woods to you." Xavier said with a glare. "And why do you need her anyways?"

"It's lunch time and we are going out to lunch together." Brooks stated.

"Lunch?!" Xavier repeated. "And why on earth would you think it's ok to take MY personal assistant out to lunch."

"Xavier I---" Raine began, only to be interrupted by Brooks.

"Because every employee is entitled to a lunch break and you can't possibly regulate who eats lunch with who, Mr. Thorn." Brooks replied causing Xavier's fists to clench. "So if you'd kindly excuse us, I'd like to take Miss. Woods out to lunch." Brooks expressed, walking over to Raine.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" Xavier gritted out. "You walk into my office, in my company and show me that attitude? I hope you realize that I am your boss Mr. Smith. The one who signs the checks you deposit into your bank account every month."