29 - Cranberry Orange

"Hello Raine!" Xavier welcomed as soon as Raine stepped into his office

"Hello Raine!" Xavier welcomed as soon as Raine stepped into his office. "I apologize for not being able to personally pick you up today."

"Don't worry about it." Raine said. "I was running late anyways."

This morning, when she had woken up, she received a text from Xavier saying he wouldn't be able to pick her up due to some complications at the company and that Jordon would receive her instead.

"Here are the files that you asked for yesterday before we left." Raine said handing Xavier a stack of files. "And these are the signed documents by the financial department, approving the regulations you've set."

"Thank you." He said, accepting the papers. "I have so many things to do today, you have no idea!"

"Really? I ran through your schedule and you didn't have any important meetings or conferences today."

"Yes, I agree. However, I am due to finish the final drafts of our contract before tomorrow's flight." Xavier notified. "And plus, I've got to make sure I've made arrangements for the 2 days I'll be gone."

"Oh." Raine said, her face smile slightly faltering. "Well, if you'd like anything else, you can let me know. I'll be in my office."

* * *

After Raine left the office, Xavier presumed his work. However, there was one thing he couldn't get out of his mind. And that was Raine's reaction at his mention of the flight. Why was she so worried about going to Paris, was all Xavier could think about.

There were so many questions he had about her, yet he knew the answer to none of them. She showed up to work every day with a bright smile and glowing eyes. Yet he couldn't seem to believe her facade. Behind all of the emotions she tried so hard to show, he knew there was more.

"Xavier?"

Xavier was broken out of his thoughts when he saw Raine's head poking through the door of his office.

"Yeah Raine?"

"Oh, I just came to tell you that I received at call from Ziva, your aunt. She wanted to have a meeting with you." Raine said carefully as she stepped into the brightly lit room.

"Tell her I'm not available for the next 3 months." Xavier stated, his face hardening at the mention of his so called aunt.

"Are you sure?" Raine asked hesitantly.

"Yes Raine." He said with strained voice. "I really don't plan on meeting her again anytime soon. Just tell her that I've got meetings lined up for the next three months and that I'll be traveling in and out of the country in regards to a new project." Xavier made up. "That should keep her away for now."