Entry 28)Kill Em' With Kindness

"Kill Em' With KIndness" by Selena Gomez
"In Too Deep" by Sum 41

Hello everyone. With this entry we'll be covering something that's not exactly related to the field of dating but is still important if you ever need to "step up and be the better person."

I'll explain.
So, ponytail guy wanted to be friends. Remember him from my last entry? Yeah, he wants to be friends after his using me as his second pick in case things with his crush didn't work out. Knowing for the sake of our work relationship it wouldn't make our jobs comfortable not getting along, I agreed.  (I mean really, I don't want to work my second job with its 8 to 10hr shifts and have it where there's intense awkwardness.)
While being "friends", Ponytail guy revealed a few things about the relationship with his crush. He would ask her out all the time but she rebuffs his advances due to not wanting to 'ruin the friendship.' If you're a reader of this diary that means we all know that's AKA for, 'she's just not that into you.'

Yeah, well, for only wanting to be "friends" the girl sure got jealous. I discovered the identity of the mystery girl when she used two of her Instagram profiles to follow me in a bid to see how good of friends Ponytail guy and I were. Yeah, you read that right.  I slapped my forehead to see that this mystery woman was no mystery at all...She was another one of our coworkers.

Great. Just great. The very last thing I wanted was to have a jealous bestie up my ass but now I have to deal with the jealous bestie  turning out to be a COWORKER??!

No, just no. I don't want any of that drama touching me with a ten-foot pole. Tired of being a pawn in whatever game these two were playing, I decided to be honest and write the girl a message. I needed to defuse this situation as quickly and kindly as possible as to not escalate any awkardness in the work place. I told the girl that C. was only trying to talk to me in a bid to make her jealous.
Her bubbly sickly sweet responses consisted of telling me she and C. are only the very best of friends.

Yeah, right. Politely kiss my grits, liar. You wouldn't have felt the need to stalk me out with your profile and also your creepy workout profile if you weren't feeling threatened by me.

So after that fun exchange where we were both super polite and friendly to each other I noticed something profound happened very quickly

So after that fun exchange where we were both super polite and friendly to each other I noticed something profound happened very quickly. C. not only unliked all of my pictures he had ever liked on Instagram, he unfollowed me.
Why? Well, I figure it's because he didn't want to upset his bestie. How dare he be friends with another woman who is not her!

For a moment I felt I was put in a time machine and shoved right back to high school. That is how immature all of this seemed to me. C. kept me as a friend on Facebook because that was the one place his bestie couldn't see if he socialized with me. Tired of whatever game these two were playing, I cut ties immediately. I deleted C. off of Facebook and I deleted his creepy bestie off my Instagram. After that, I put my profile on private so neither of these two could look at my stuff.  Problem solved, right? I distanced myself!

Unfortunately as my awful luck would have it, I was hired to work a gig as a member of the setup crew for a wedding at the resort I work at. The money is great so the job is too good to pass up. Why is that awful luck, though? Well, C. happens to be a Supervisor in that department and he's the one who originally got  me the job in the first place. His "bestie" works as a supervisor in the banquet department and that unfortunately coincides with setups shift.
Last night I was smack in the middle of both of the jerks. There was no escaping them even though I was always moving and busy with some type of work-related task. When I left one room containing one asshat another was just around the corner to take the other's place.

C. and I ignored each other unless things were solely work related. It was obvious he couldn't talk to me if his bitchy-bestie was around. Why do I say that? Because the second she went home C. tried being all chipper and friendly with me. I professionally diverted all of his attempt at conversation to solely work.
His bestie on the other hand was the opposite. She was so very sugary sweet to me I feel I probably developed a cavity just from being around her last night.
So, that's the story.

End of The Entry Advice.

Sometimes, people suck. That's nothing profound or something you haven't heard before, but there are no other words for it. You will come across some pretty amazing friends and individuals in a lifetime. But sometimes in other instances life will place you face-to-face with fake or rude people.

I wound up feeling bad for both C. and the girl, surprisingly.
C. is obviously in love with a girl who is only using him as her backup plan in case she can't find someone else. The girl keeps him around because C obviously flirts with her or praises her like she's a goddess. Therefore, the bestie was threatened by his budding friendship with me because that was pulling C. away from her. She doesn't want him but she also doesn't want someone else to have him either.
In the end, it'll only hurt C. He's pining after someone who'll never fully return his affections while he's simultaneously ruining his own chance to find someone who genuinely likes him.

As much as I feel that the bestie gal pal is a spiteful bitch, I pity her, too. She's shallow and conceited not to give a guy a chance just because she doesn't want people judging her for liking someone with tattoos and a ponytail. She'll turn down someone who actually likes her despite her being a spiteful bitch just based on image alone.
In the end, they both have problems for trying to loop me, their coworker, in on their stupid antics.

So, now were to the advice of what to do in case you find yourself stuck in a similar situation.   How do you spite jerks like this?
Smile, put your head up, keep shoulders held high, and put on a cheery "I could care less about anything other than how happy I am attitude."
Does it sound stupid? Perhaps.
But the very best way to show you're better than someone or happier than they are is to be happy with who you are and what's going on in your life. My night wasn't bad. I made friends in other departments and didn't lack people to talk to. I was polite and professional with C. I returned the kindness his bestie threw at me although hers was as fake as her hair color.
All in all, killing them with kindness was a lot better for my personal well being then being snide, spiteful, or angry.
You should never allow someone to ever bully you. Don't mistake this advice. If bestie would have been snide or made comments about the situation, I would have politely explained I deleted her and C. from my page to stay away from their drama. I would have said I have a work life and a social life and that the two of them are only my coworkers and nothing else.

Until next entry,
The (killing jerks with kindness) Single B!tch

Have you ever been in a similar situation? Has a person you liked ever used you? Has a girl given you a kind attitude that sounds suspiciously like gloating? Drop your story in the comments below!