Entry 8)Valentines Day.....AKA, Singles Awareness Day

Valentines Day.

That beautifully sappy day has reared its disgustingly sweet head yet again.
Of course in classic commercial fashion, any Walmart you've walked into the last month has been full of heart shaped candy boxes & stuffed animals galore. When you exit for your car, you can't escape the love songs playing on the radio, commercials for what to get your special someone, and all kinds of things that keep reminding you that valentine's day is right here, in your face, not going away,

If you're in a relationship, then these things are a great reminder to remember your beloved and show you appreciate having them in your life. Though if you're not in a relationship...

Then V-day is an "IN YOUR FACE" reminder that you my friend, are single.

Yes,
SINGLE.

Alone.

Flying solo.

You couldn't manage to find absolutely anyone to spend your time with on this horridly romantically sappy day.

It may seem like I resent being single now of all days, but I actually don't. February 14th is just like any other day for me. I'm single, just like any other day.
  Really, it's kind of a dumb name to throw at single people. So on mothers day should we go up to an orphan and shout "IT'S ORPHAN AWARENESS DAY!!!" 
Answer = no. Just, no......

Only downside for a single b!tch on February 14th, is I've got no one to gimme chocolate. That's the gut kicker that makes me want to go to a corner and sniffle. Screw having a boyfriend or any sappy romance. I want to have a heart shaped box of candy filled with salted caramel turtles I can enjoy, dammit !

Returning to seriousness.....(God, I really want chocolate turtles now! )
If you're single on Valentines Day, don't get caught up in the labeling of Singles Awareness day like your friends in relationships are joking with you. V-Day is absolutely no different then the other 364 days you have of being single. It's just like any other day. Look at the bright side, today you're not spending a bunch of cash buying cards and presents or taking a girl out.

I get single friends asking me how to not be sad on Valentines day, and I actually have the perfect remedy on how to survive Valentines Day is you're in a sulking kind of mood.

DON'T spend your Valentines wallowing that you're not with a significant other. St. Valentines Day offers single people a unique opportunity to undertake a new perspective on how we choose to celebrate love.

While your friends might be buying gifts for their romantic others, consider the people in your world that you love, and who love you back. Something special for your Mom, calling up your grandma, a trip out with fellow single friends, a friendly V-day card to  other single friends, or in my case, showing love for my little brothers by watching the old Japanese Godzilla movies with them for the 18th time this week.

All in all, as long as you always remember to love yourself, it doesn't matter that you're single. <3

Happy Valentines Day,

love from a Single B!tch