:: Chapter Twelve ::

Chapter Twelve 

"You know, you have a desk in your room for a reason," Grady commented, looking as Sophie sat on her bed going over extra work she brought home. While the workload had lightened tremendously, it didn't disappear. 

She rolled her eyes before looked up at him. "Yeah, but this is more comfortable," she replied. 

"Well, I'm just here to remind you that you're supposed to contact Silveny today," Grady told her, smiling. "I know you can get swamped with work and don't think about other things too hard."

Sophie grinned, shaking her head. "Not much to worry for that, I was planning to do that immediately after finishing my paperwork. It's been a while since I've contacted her and I could really use some Silveny therapy." Just thinking of the calming effect contacting the Alicorn gave her had Sophie regretting making the plan to wait. 

"On that note, were you going to wait for Keefe to get here?" 

Sophie frowned. "I wasn't aware he was coming over today," she replied, confused. "I didn't invite him." 

"I did," Grady informed her, grinning. "It's been a while since he's had dinner with us, and he definitely hasn't had dinner with us since you've gotten together. We've missed having him over for more than twenty minutes in the same room as us." 

Sophie's eyes widened. "Wow, I didn't even realize it's been that long. I guess time flies by." She looked back down at the papers in front of her. "Well, in that case I'll wait for him to get here. When he does just call him in."

"Okay, have fun doing your work." Grady kissed her forehead before making his way out of the room. Sophie returned to the papers in front of her, trying to finish as quickly as possible. Soon she had completed everything needed done and overheard Grady welcoming Keefe into the house. 

She was moving the papers onto her desk as Keefe opened the door, grinning. "Hey," he greeted, walking over to where she was standing.

They quickly kissed and then Sophie grew excited. "Okay, so I'm gonna contact Silveny. You sit there and I'll tell you everything." Keefe rolled his eyes but still took a seat on her bed while she stood next to her desk and started to almost pace back and forth. 

Silveny? While it had been a while since she tried, her connection with the alicorn was still strong as ever and it didn't take too long to get a reply. 

SOPHIE! FRIEND! A grin appeared as her mind was filled with beautiful pictures of the the landscape the alicorns were currently presiding in. She couldn't quite tell where they were, but the family had settled down there many years ago and didn't move since. She knew if she tried to ask someone from the council about the scenery, they would question why she wanted that information. She couldn't risk them knowing where the alicorns were, as she wanted to keep the alicorns in peace. She knew that no matter how much they denied it, they would eventually grow curious and try to visit. 

How are you feeling? How's your baby?

GOOD! BABY GOOD! Silveny sent Sophie visuals of the small alicorn Silveny had recently given birth to. It was only her third, and Sophie knew the council was worried that there was such a small number. But she also knew that many were relieved there was more alicorns in the world. Being that for a long time there was only two, having three more added was a miracle. 

Your baby is beautiful, Sophie replied with a grin. 

SOPHIE! KEEFE! KEEFE! KEEFE! Immediately her eyes found a smirking Keefe, who caught on to the staring and immediately smirked.