Chapter 4

Ashley has been ignoring and giving Ethan the cold shoulder for the past week and half. He tried to talk to her but she doesn't want to listen to him. Every time he enters the room she leaves it, if he goes into her bed room to talk to her does she put ear phones on and cover her head with a pillow. He has had enough.

She was busy reading a book when she heard a scream and a loud crash. She dropped her book and went outside. She searched around to find out where the noise came from. She entered the barn and saw the ladder laying there in the middle. She walked closer to the ladder. Her eye's fell on a body laying on the ground. She rushed towards it when she saw that it is Ethan and that he is unconscious she started to cry. "Ethan wake up!" She screamed. "I am sorry I ignored you. I was just to hurt when I saw you kissing her but I listened when you explained it and I kept ignoring you because I wanted you to work for it." She said sobbing into his shirt.

"Hey, shh, shh. I am okay. Nothing happened to me it is all fake. I just missed your voice and wanted you to talk to me." He said comforting her. She looked up at him. "This was all fake?" She asked stunned. "I can't believe you. I thought. I thought." She couldn't complete the sentence. She hit him before standing up to walk away but he grabbed her so she couldn't. He pulled her to him and kissed her. He picked her up and laid her down on the hay. They made angry, hot love. She was exhausted when they were done so Ethan carried her to her room. Ethan knew he was still in the dog house with Ashley but she is at least talking to him. He slept in the guest room.

It was still early when Angelina and Sammy entered the house. Angelina hoped that her plan worked with Kate. She went upstairs and found Ashley alone in the bed. She was still here and that irritated her. She cannot let Ethan complete the agreement to the will if he does then they will lose everything and that is something she can't let happen.

Later that morning Ethan woke up and went to the kitchen to make himself some coffee when he saw his mother sitting there. "Mother what are you doing here?" He asked shocked. "That is no way to greet your mother." "Sorry. Hello mother, how are you, what are you doing here?" "I'm fine and should there a reason that I want to visit my son?" "No, I guess not. Can I make you coffee?" "That would be lovely. Can I ask you something? Why are you and your wife sleep in separate beds?" Ethan looked at his mother. "We had an argument. I was wrong and is in the dog house but I already have a plan."

Ashley was also surprised to see Ethan's mother and sister in the living room although she does not like them, she still try to be friendly with them. She greeted them friendly but that's where it stayed. She was just finished doing the laundry when Ethan came and picked her up over his shoulder. "Ethan what are you doing put me down!" She screamed while laughing. "No can-do Ash, I'm an idiot and have to fix my mistakes." He said cheeky. "You are going to drop me you big spastic dingbat." She said anxious. "I'm not going to drop you." He replied before spinning around. "Stop, stop, stop." She said grabbing onto him. "Then stop complaining."

He carried her up to a bedroom where a surprise is waiting for her. The room was filled with roses and red rose petals. He gently placed her on the bed before closing the door and got on his knees in front of her and took her hands in his.

"I'm a fool, idiot and I am sorry for scaring you. I want to tell you the truth and the reason we are married. You see grandfather died five months ago and he gave me everything in his will and testament including his company his, millions and this ranch but there was a condition that I have to be married for a least a year and lived seven months in this ranch. You have met my mother and sister but you have yet to meet my father. You see my father is a controlling manipulative bastard. My whole life he controlled me. I wanted to become architect but he forced me into business. I couldn't date who I wanted to and had to do what he wanted otherwise I'll give the family a bad reputation. I was with Theo in that bar that night to organise a plan of some sort to find myself a girl and marry her. It was just my luck when I overheard your conversation with your mother and I knew you would fit perfectly. I didn't mean to threaten you and I felt bad afterwards but I'm not sorry because I needed my freedom and you gave it to me." He said look into her eyes.