Chapter 3

His mother and sister stayed with them for a month and between his mother and his sister did they try and destroyed their marriage by insulting Ashley and making her life a complete nightmare but it backfired on them because she got close to Ethan. It's been two months since their visit.

Ethan has hired a horse groomer and a few handymen to help him fix up the ranch. Ethan moved out of the bedroom to another bedroom and gave Ashley a space. After the third day of her being alone was she bored out of her mind so she helped Ethan out with fixing up the ranch.

Even though Ethan had become a lot closer then she had fought, she still not have the strength to tell him about her past. Ashley was busy making dinner when a mother called. "Hi mom how's things going? I miss you guys a lot." "Things are going fine and we miss you too. When are you going to come visit?" "I'm not sure mom I will have to ask Ethan we are pretty busy fixing up the ranch maybe later when everything as is done." "Okay. Ashley could you sit down for a moment please." Ashley sat down on a chair. "Steph phoned me this morning. I have some bad news honey, Gabriel got parole he's being released next week. Steph assured me that he won't get near you, he would wear an anklet monitor, can't leave the state and has to report to his parole officer every day."

Ashley started shaking like a leaf when she heard the news. "Thank you for calling and telling me this mom, I have to go now, bye." She said before she hung up. Ethan came into the house and found Ashley sitting at the table, she was shaking and was pale. "Ash what happened, what's wrong, is it your family, is someone hurt, are you hurt?" "It's just something that I wanted to forget that came back to bite me just give me a moment I'll be fine." She finished making dinner, served it, and then went to her bedroom.

It was just passed midnight when Ethan woke up to the sound of someone crying. He climbed out of his bed and made his way to Ashley's room, He knocked on her door but got no reply. Her door was locked. Ethan started to panic when he heard her screaming and he started banging harder on the door but he still got no reply so he broke open the door.

Inside the room he found her thrashing, screaming and crying in her bed. "No! Please don't. I'm sorry Gabriel. I didn't do anything he just asked for directions, please don't hurt me!" She screamed while crying in her sleep. He climbed on the bed and sat down next to her. "It's not real it's just a dream. Wake up Ash." He said to her shaking her gently try to shake her awake but she couldn't hear him. She started screaming louder. "Wake up Ashley!" He yelled at her.

She woke up with a fright and started thrashing to get out of Ethan's grip. "Shh it's me, Ethan. It was just a dream. You are safe. I'm here and nothing's going to hurt you." She relaxes into his arms still crying silently. He lay down on the bed with her in his arms, rubbing her back to calm her and whispering sweet nothing's in her ear. When she was asleep in his arms did he have time to think about what just happened. It was clear that she was re-living a memory from her past and he was determined to find out what happened.

Ethan was the first one to wake up the next morning but he didn't want to move because Ashley was laying peacefully in his arms. He gently played with her hair which caused her to snuggle more into his chest. When Ashley woke up she found herself laying on Ethan's chest. She looked up at him and found him looking at her. "Morning Ash." He said to her with a slight smile. "Morning. May I ask why you are here?" She asked him. "You don't remember do you? You had a nightmare last night and was screaming and crying. When I finally got you to calm down you fell asleep in my arms." "Oh. I'm sorry." She said to him looking away from him feeling embarrassed.

She lifted her head from his chest and hid her face in the pillows. Ethan just watched her. "Aren't you going to ask why or what happened?" She asked him through the pillow. "Off course I want to know what happened but I'm not going to push you into telling me if you're not ready." She looked up at him. "Really?" She asked him softly. "Yes, really and I promise you whatever happened that will never happen again. You'll never get hurt again that I promise you." He said to her with a serious expression on his face. A silent tear escape from her eye. "I may be a jerk, an asshole and a few other things but I will never hurt you. Gosh I want to kiss you right now. Can I kiss you right now?" She smiled at him and nodded her head yes. He cupped her face in his hands before kissing her.

It started as a slow kiss filled with raw emotion then quickly escalated and turned passionate. He licked her bottom lip asking for entrance and he bit her bottom lip when she denied him. His tongue in twine with her as he lay her down with him hovering over her. They stripped each other from their clothes.

He kissed her neck, down her chest too her stomach. He was too mesmerized by the beauty of her body to notice the few scars on it. "You are so beautiful." He said in between kisses as he kissed his way back to her lips. "Are you sure about this because once I've started I can't stop?" He asked her while his erection was against her thigh. "Yes, I want this." He kissed her roughly before position himself at her entrance before thrusting into her. She moaned at the action. "Just because I'm not a virgin does it mean I have experience." She said to him slightly panting. His thrusting slows down a bit till she was ready for him to increase the speed again.

"Oh fuck. You are so tight." He said as he felt her walls clamping in and he increased his speed again. She moaned at the pleasure. "Yes, more." She said out of breath. He went faster and slammed into a harder. The sound of his thigh slapping against hers echoed through the room. They both reached their peak of ecstasy together.

Ashley laid on Ethan's chest and his arms was wrapped around her. "That was amazing." She said to him shyly. "It was incredible for me too." He said as his finger traced up and down her arm. "Uhm Ash, we didn't use protection." He said with slight worry in his tone. "Would it be that bad if I was pregnant with your child?" She asked him. "You wouldn't mind being pregnant with my child?" He asked her shocked. "No." She said smiling up at him. He kissed her on the lips.

It's been three weeks since they had sex and things were going great between them. They have been kissing, hugging, cuddling and sleeping in the same room but haven't had sex again.

She woke up to find the bed next to her empty so she walked around the house looking for Ethan but couldn't find him. She heard a commotion outside and went to it to hear what's going on. "What does she have that I don't?" A woman screamed. Ashley walks around the barn and saw a shirtless Ethan talking to a beautiful woman. "I know you and you could never resist me." The woman said touching Ethan's chest. "Kate don't." Ethan said to her but she only wrapped her arms around his neck. "Come on baby I missed you and we don't even have to do it in the house it's been a while since I have had a good fuck and I don't mind fucking you in the barn she said before kissing him. Ethan put his hands-on Kate's waist. It was too much for Ashley to watch so she turns around and run to the house.

Ethan came into the house and half hour later. Ashley ignored him and didn't speak to him for the rest of the day and when she went to sleep she slept and one of the guest rooms. Ethan was getting fed up with Ashley ignoring him so he went to the room that she was sleeping in and knocked on the door till she opened the door.

"Why are you ignoring me? What did I do?" She gave an are you serious look before walking into the on-suite locking the door behind her. "Ash God dammit talk to me!" He yelled through the door. She opened the door and looked at him. She has an angry expression on her face with tears running from her eyes.

"Why should I talk to you? You know what I should actually thank you for fucking Kate in the barn instead of the house." "Ash no, you got it wrong I didn't fuck her." "Don't lie to me I heard what you two said and I saw you kissing her and placing your hands on her hips. Don't ever touch me again." She said before walking past him to her old bedroom and grabbing his stuff and throwing it at him. "I'm not the one that was wrong, you were so you can sleep somewhere else." She said before slamming the new door shut and locking it.

Ethan was furious at Kate for kissing him. The reason why he placed his hands on her waist was to push her away. He found it extremely odd that Kate would show up now when he didn't hear or saw anything from her in the past six months.