Heat Exhaustion

a/n: inspired by an episode of New Girl. enjoy :)

-
another a/n: I edited this to make it better & longer. I wrote the entire imagine when I was tired & about to go to bed at two in the morning but wanted the idea written down. so, enjoy the new changes I've made :)

Hawkins was known to get hot at times, but this week had to have been the hottest week that would ever be in Hawkins history.

Your air conditioning had broken down the day before all the heat hit so your mom and you were left with sitting outside in the heat, finding all the fans you could find to keep you cool.

You heard a knock on the door and got up, continually fanning yourself with a magazine all the way there.

When you opened the door, you saw Mike standing there.

"Hey, Mike. Why are you here and not next to the air conditioning?" You questioned him, still fanning yourself.

Loose strands of hair had collected themselves on your sweaty neck, and your face was red from the heat being too much for everyone in this small town.

"Thought I'd come over and see how you're doing." Mike responded, looking at you dead in the eye before turning away to peek behind you into the living room.

"Did your air conditioning break?" He suddenly asked.

"No, Wheeler. I'm just fanning myself for the fun of it." You responded, sarcasm dripping off your tongue.

He smiled. "How about you come, along with your mom, back to my house because our air conditioning is working."

"Why should I do that?" You questioned, waiting for a response from him.

He gestured outside. "Because it's hell out there. Why don't you want to come?" He questioned you back.

You shrugged. "Never said I didn't."

He raised an eyebrow, a blush forming underneath all the sweaty heat on your face. "Look, Mike, I'm fine."

He shrugged. "Whatever you say, ___. But don't hesitate to come over, alright? I'm right next door."

-
The middle of the day came and you felt sick, but not any stomach ache you had ever gotten. You felt exhausted, eyes tired with all the heat beckoning from the outdoors.

You sat alone, your mom at the Wheeler's, fanning yourself as you stared out at the neighborhood where no one was doing anything.

You heard more knocks on the door and got up to answer them, stumbling a bit as you opened the door, feeling the sudden heat blast you.

You felt tired.

"Mike, I saidI'mfine." You told him, slurring your words together into an uneven and wavy line that he shook his head at.

"You're obviously suffering from heat exhaustion. Come on, ___. Why don't you want to come over?" He asked.

You shuffled your feet, feeling the blasting rays of the hot sun on your face. You felt dizzy, and started to smile softly.

"Ithink," You slurred, "IthinkIwanttogooutside."

Mike grabbed your shoulders, holding you back and upright. "___, stop. Come with me and (you'll see a world of your imagination) get cooled off."

"But there are butterfliesouthere!" You exclaimed, trying to get past him but the heat was too much and caused you to collapse in his arms, hearing the last few words before your mind shut off.

"I just wanna take care of you."

-
You awoke on the Wheeler's couch, feeling the cold air surrounding you in a bubble of happiness. You groaned slightly as you got up, looking around sleepily.

"Hey, ___. Good to see you're awake. Mike's downstairs if you wanna see him." His mom said, giving you a soft smile.

"Also, be more careful next time." She said before you disappeared into the basement where Mike was downstairs messing around with some of the toys he had collected and received over the years.

"Knock knock." You said, standing on the last stair of the basement as Mike suddenly bolted upright and shot a smile towards you.

"Thank God, you're okay!" He said, walking over to you and staring up at you.

"Mike, when we were outside, before I passed out, I heard you say that you wanted to take care of me. What did you mean by that?" You asked.

"Uh," He said, unaware and embarrassed that you had managed to hear him.

A blush crept to his cheeks as he gave a soft smile towards you. "I like you."

You smiled back, a smile filling the blank spots on your lips. "How did you manage to carry me, Wheeler?" You suddenly asked.

He laughed. "Yeah, you need to lose some pounds. Had to get Hopper down here with an entire police squad, too."

You smacked him lightly before, pulling him back towards you, gripping his now bundled up T-shirt tightly in your fist as you stared down at him.

"You're lucky you're cute, Wheeler."

"I could say the same for you, ___." He said before pulling your lips to his.

bad sorry but an update!

UPDATE:

alright, it's fixed now!

thanks for reading & stay strange(r) (things) my friends.

-katherine

time: 2:01 am; 1: 38 pm
words: 855

1️⃣1️⃣