One Call Away

a/n: once again, unashamed to be titling this by the song that Charlie Puth wrote. I've been listening to his music a lot recently. enjoy :)

Challenged by: SomewhatCivilized

Life had hit you hard recently and everything seemed so overwhelming.

Going to school wasn't easy after the incident that people liked to joke about for some sick reason. Troy made your life a living hell at times as well, which made you only want to lash out but you swore to be good.

You only had four other friends at the time, but you had caused a ripple effect of uneasiness and sadness in the once light and bubbly air between the group.

You gave yourself one last look in the mirror as your tired eyes stared back at you, brimming with tears. You readjusted the curls that seemed to flow down your back and chest.

"___, you ready?" Your dad asked you in the doorway.

You looked down towards the black shoes that were slightly dirty from all the years you had owned the pair of tennis shoes. You let out a sigh, turning to face your dad who wore a tux that was all black, a small, trying smile on his thin lips.

"As I'll ever be." You responded.

"We gather here today to celebrate the life of Mrs. ____."

You tightened your grip on your dad's hand as you stared down at the casket that seemed so empty, but yet, so full of life.

Your mom had been one of the best mothers you could've ever had as a mother. She loved you endlessly, to your very core, even if you acted like a bitch at times.

Her love was unending and unfading.

You felt a few tears slip, quickly wiping them away in embarrassment that one of your friends might see your weak side. You had always been the strong one in your group but after your mom had died from a freak accident, you had become slightly less strong than before.

It made sense.

Your friends never teased you for it. They understood how hard it was to lose someone. First, you all lost Eleven in the fight against the demagorgon. Then, you lost your mom in the freak accident.

Life was a bitch.

"And now, we will let friends say their condolences to the family of this wonderful lady."

The preacher stepped back in order for a line to form.

A bunch of people who you didn't know very well said a few 'sorry' or 'sorry for your loss' before moving onto to talking to your dad, leaving you with another random stranger from Hawkins.

Your mom's best friend came up to you, giving you a tight hug as you relaxed in her hold.

"I can't imagine what this is like, ___. Just know that if you need anything, you can always come over, okay?" She said to you.

You nodded, giving a small smile but it was genuine. You always loved her like she was your second mother. She always invited you over for small snacks or really anything.

She moved onto your dad, standing and talking to him about how hard it is but how they were welcome over there anytime.

You were busy fiddling with your fingers that you almost forgot that your friends were there.

"___." They all said, causing you to look up.

You couldn't help it.

You began to sob as you flung yourself into all of their arms, letting them all surround you with their arms and hold onto you.

When they let go, you sighed, wiping away your tears but they were still falling.

"___, I'm so sorry. You can always come over if you ever need anything. My mom loves you, so she wouldn't mind it at all." Dustin said, giving you a quick hug before standing over to the side to let your other friends say what they had to.

Will was next.

"You're strong, ___. You might be the strongest person I've ever met! You can get through this, alright?" He said, a smile blossoming slightly on your cherry pink lips.

He gave you a brief hug before Mike came up to you.

"___, we all love you like family. Don't be afraid to come over if you need anything. My mom would do anything for you. So would Nancy."

He gave you a hug as well, making you feel more relaxed.

Lucas was last.

He sighed, making you smile softly.

"I'm only one call away, ___. I'll be there to save the day. So, don't be scared to call me at anytime, okay?"

You nodded, feeling him grip onto you tightly as you both hugged. You sighed into his grasp as he pecked your cheek, making you smile a little wider.

"Superman's got nothing on me, you know that?"

You nodded.

"You gotta keep holding on, ___. But, when you feel like hope is gone, just run into my arms."

You nodded once more, a larger smile blossoming on your lips as he walked away with the rest of your friends.

He's only one call away.

aWW this is cute!!!!

(It's a Lucas imagine if you couldn't tell lol)

I hope you all enjoyed & it was a challenge suggested by a reader so did I succeed or did I fail?

thanks for reading & stay strange(r) (things) my friends.

-katherine

time: 2:54 pm
words: 896

1️⃣1️⃣