Ten-Thirty

a/n: so, Christmas is in 8 days which means 7 days until Christmas Eve, and 6 days until Finn Wolfhard's birthday. anyways, check out my IT Imagines book if you haven't!!! enjoy :)

"When that watch reads 10:30, I'm coming back for you."

You were still sitting in the woods of Hawkins, dirt covered shoes and pants, hair messed up to a great extent, and a frown on your lips as you stared down at the watch on your wrist.

It was nearly nine o' clock.

You only had an hour and a half left until Lucas came back for you from fighting off whatever the hell he wouldn't say it was.

You had been here since three in the afternoon and had been staying in the same spot all day, so you were very uncomfortable.

You weren't sure why you couldn't go with Lucas. Maybe because he thought he was protecting you, or maybe because he was scared of seeing you become frightened or hurt.

Whatever the reason, you had stayed back with the bikes, watch on your wrist, and patience.

You looked down at the watch again. Not much time had passed, only ten minutes.

An hour and twenty minutes left to go.

You didn't dare stand up in the darkness. You didn't want to make a sound in case something was out there that could find you.

You didn't want to move from where you were to go home. It would only scare Lucas and the others half to death about where you had gone.

You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard a crack of a stick and some quickly paced running around you.

You stayed very still, very quiet, and waited for the sound of the creature to go away.

Actually, you weren't sure if it even was a creature. It could be your bully, playing a prank on you.

But how would they know to find you way out here anyways?

The watch beeped, causing you to look down instead of around. "Ten o' clock."

Thirty minutes.

You could do thirty minutes of waiting.

There was a low growl from the right side of your body. The watch hasn't beeped loudly but it was a noise in the quiet woods.

You closed your eyes, trying to be as quiet as possible.

The low growl disappeared after a few seconds, but soon turned into quick paced running again. Except, you weren't sure where it was headed.

You looked down again at the watch. "Ten minutes left. Ten."

Ten.

The running continued on, it just kept going and you didn't know where it was headed. Just that it was running.

Nine.

It suddenly stopped.

Eight.

It began to slowly walk towards your direction, feet or whatever it had, crunching on the leaves and sticks of the woods.

Seven.

Your breath hitched as you just waited for your death to come.

Six.

You were crying now, the noises moving closer to your ear.

Five.

You just wanted to be safe. All you wanted was to be safe.

Four.

There was a sudden low growl coming from the right side of your head.

Three.

You felt something dripping on you, like slime, but didn't dare to move your body.

Two.

The growling got louder.

One.

It suddenly stopped.

Zero.

You suddenly heard the voices of your friends, running at the creature, and making it run off in the opposite direction.

You looked up at Lucas and saw him kneeling in front of you, a smile plastered on his lips.

You quickly pulled him into a hug, holding him close.

"I was so scared. That-That thing, or whatever it was, was-"

"Hey, you're safe now. See, ten thirty. Told you I'd come back."

You smiled up at him, putting your lips on his briefly before letting a smile take its place.

Even though you couldn't see it, there was blush on Lucas' cheek.

You just knew it.

hopefully you guys enjoyed this!!!

it's a little bit different than my other ones but I still enjoyed writing it :)

ALSO: YOU GUYS!!! we hit 2000+ reads on this book!!!

check out my Stranger Talk where I talk about it a little bit!!!

thanks for reading & stay strange(r) (things) my friends.

-katherine

time: 9:13 am
words: 721

1️⃣1️⃣