4th

"And when the nights are long,all those stars recall your goodbye,your goodbye."
-M83 'Oblivion'

You opened your eyes , it was almost morning

You opened your eyes , it was almost morning. You turned to the other side of the bed and saw that Thomas's side was empty. He didn't appear after midnight. You rubbed your eyes and decided to wake up.

'Did Thomas come last night home?'-you asked Cecilia while you were eating an apple."Yes, Mrs...um...Jasmin, he did. By dawn. He came and then went to work." You nodded."Hmm,"- you hummed chewing,-"Okay."

There appeared a plan on your mind. You took a car and went to Small Heath, to be exactly to the Garrison pub. The pub where Thomas spends most of his time. As you walked in, everyone looked up at you, because why not? A beautiful woman in a wrong place. But you didn't care. You strode to the bar.

"Whiskey, please,"-you ordered. The girl standing at the bar nodded and put a glass of the whiskey in front of you. You took a sip and looked around.

Then the doors opened and there appeared some men. They were peaky blinders. And their boss - you looked up and noticed Thomas. The corners of your mouth quirked up. You turned away and continued your drinking.

"The fuck are you doing here?" You heard a sharp voice of him at your ear. You took in the sight of Thomas.

"Drinking,"-you waved your glass not even granting him a look.

"Okay, we're going,"-he grabbed your arm.

"Get out of me!"-you said a bit louder so everyone was watching you. Thomas looked around. He rubbed his hands together.

"Come here,"-he grabbed your arm once again and leaded in a room beside the bar. He closed the door behind him.

"What?" Your forehead puckered.

He pointed his forefinger to you."We had a deal. You're not going anywhere without me. You're broking the deal."

"Well, but you broke it already last night. I told you no touching, but what did you do? You kissed me!" You gave a dismissive wave of your hand.His brows drew together."If you're waiting for some kind of an apology, you're wasting your time."

Your eyes went round and you smirked."I'm not."

He nodded."Good. Then we're going home,"-he grabbed your arm, but you pushed it so you walked out of the room."I can go myself." He puffed out his chest and went behind you.

On the trip home you were silent. You were looking out the window of the car."Where were you last night?"-you broke the silence looking at the streets. You twisted the wedding ring on your finger. It was a different feeling, but after your marriage you felt like his wife, indeed, like trying to know everything about him. He was affecting to you in other way.

"Was fucking some whore,"-he said in quiet tone. Your eyes went to his side, but you didn't turn your head to him."Was she good?" -you asked in the same quiet tone."Yeah."

"Good,"-you uttered nodding. He lighted a cigarette."Wanna smoke?"-he offered you."I don't smoke."

He lit the cigarette."You're too good for me." He spoke suddenly.

You gave a bitter laugh."See,"-you gaped at him,-"We're not right for each other." He was looking at the road.

"No,"-he shook his head and glared at you,-"But you'll fix me." You stared at each the first few seconds then you rolled your eyes and looked through the window.He turned his head to the road.

As a child you used to cook, especially buscuits and cakes. Your mother taught you. When you had arrived home, you changed your look and went into the kitchen."Do you need something, Jasmin?"-Cecilia hurried to you,-"I'll tell our chef."

"No need,"-you smiled,-"I want to cook myself today." Her eyes widened.

"Yourself? But why? Does our chef cook bad?" You laughed and set your palms down flat on the table.

"No, Cecilia. I'm just bored here. I'll cook and you'll see what a good chef I am!" Your eyes flashed.

"Okay, I'll help. What are we cooking?"

Tom went into his cabinet. He was planning something that didn't tell you. He did some work with documents and went out of the room. He saw you while he was passing the kitchen. You were in an apron and a flour was in your hair and clothes.A corner of his mouth lifted, but it was for a while. He shook his head and went out of the house.

"Is everything ready?"-he asked Arthur approaching his car."Tommy, this is not safe,"-Arthur approached him.
"Russians were in my house, therefore, I've earned their trust. We should take those cars sooner before they understand,"-he started the car,-"Take John and go to the warehouse, I'll be there."

"Do you smell it? A burning smell?"-Cecilia asked when you were in a hallway. You looked up."Oh, my God. I hope that's not my biscuits,"-you looked heavenward. You and Cecilia hurried into the kitchen, but the biscuits were on the table and the burning smell spread in the kitchen.

As you wanted to leaned closer to a cellar in the kitchen, someone grabbed you from behind and covered your mouth. Your lashes fluttered, you wanted to relieve his hand. But it was impossible. You scratched the hand and this someone led you in the hallway. Cecilia was on the floor unconscious.

Finally, he let his hand and turned you to him.There was a pistol in his hand aiming to you."Who are you?"-you asked trembling. He smirked."You know, sweetheart, your husband didn't get that he should stay away and not interrupt our business. But he, instead of it, he took his 'blinders' to the warehouse where I keep my cars and decided that it's better to steal them. You see,"-he neared closer to you, so the gun was touching your forehead,-"I can shoot you right now, but there will be a mess everywhere and I like this house. You, you say Tommy that the next time I'll kill you without hesitating and it's nothing to me to get inside your lives." He put the gun down and went out of the house like it was nothing.

Your knees got weak and you fell. You haven't been in these situations before it was like a thunder. You were trembling and sobbing until you remembered about Cecilia."Oh my God, Cecilia,"- you crawled to her,-"please, please, open your eyes." A new wave of tears came flooding back when she opened her eyes."God, you're alright."

At that moment Thomas ran into the house and stood up. You looked up at him."You!"-you stood up,-"fucking crazy bastard!" You ran up to him and started beating his chest."Where were you? Where were your fucking people?!"

"Jasmin, Jasmin,"-he took your arms,-"what happened?" You couldn't help but cry again. "He..he...he was aiming a g..a gun to me and...an I was so scared and Cecilia...she ...she was on the floor." Thomas pulled you to himself.

"No! Let go of me, let go!" You screamed. He hugged you tightly."I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I'm really sorry,"-he whispered.

~~~

If you like it or if you want more chapters,please, leave your votes/comments.🥀