Chapter 14: Reconciliation

Crash Site Bravo
Red Base

Doc, Donut, and Team RWBY all stand in front of a computer screen.

Donut: Pretty neat, huh?

They look at the computer screen, displaying a picture of Doc and Donut posing at Valhalla.

Weiss: So who uses this?

Donut: Mainly just Simmons and Caboose.

Donut looks at the screen.

Donut: Oh wait! looks like Sarge has a profile now... LIKE!

Weiss: And you just... talk about yourself?

Donut: You can post pictures and stuff too, I've been downloading this picture of Freckles for awhile!

The screen displays a picture downloading at 15%. The download bar turns to 16%.

Doc: How long has that been going for?

Donut: Uh, just a few hours.

Weiss: You spent hours of our limited energy just downloading a single picture?

Donut: It is a very high quality picture.

The download bar turns from 16% to 17%.

Doc: Well, you can't argue with that!

Blake: So is this all you did while we were out last night?

Donut: Nope! I've been cleaning the base top to bottom, it was the least I can do to make it more presentable, I did the dishes, swept the sand off the floor...

Doc: Wow, did you clean Grif's room?

Donut: Grif has a room?

Doc: Well he, and Simmons share that side of the base, but Grif's stuff overflowed onto the roof.

Donut: Ooh, let me take a peek!

Donut runs to Grif's room.

Doc: Oh my god!

Ruby: Doc, what is it?

Doc: Look! If this post gets over ten thousand likes, Basebook will pay for a rescue team to save us!

Donut lets out a surprised squeal.

Weiss: Wait, really?

Doc: I know, it's too good to be true!

Donut runs out of the base. Outside the base, Grif throws his teleportation cubes. Donut runs up to him.

Donut: Dexter Grif!

Grif: Huh?

Donut: I can't stand living in this base the way you've been treating it! The layout is all wrong, the color palette is atrocious, and the garden doesn't even have flowers in it, just vegetables! Also, I think someone's trying to plant candy corn at some point.

Grif: Hmm, I, uh, wonder who did that?

Doc exits the base with Team RWBY and joins Donut and Grif.

Doc: How's the testing going?

Grif: Well Doc, after countless experiments, I've determined the teleportation cubes are still fucking awesome! All other data has been inconclusive.