Chapter 3: The Beach

A/N: Currently typing this on the beach, ( pic above) it's one of my favorite places to write because it so relaxing!

Rey's POV
It was late at night when everyone when I snuck to the old equipment room as I hopped in an old X-Wing. I threw my bag of stuff into the storage unit, then climbed in the pilots seat. I had never flown one of these things before.
"Need help?" A voice said.
I whirled around to see Poe.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"You first," he shot back.
"Kylo seen has been mind probing me of the Resistances location, I'm putting us in danger so I have to go away," I said explaining a partial bit of my plan.
"Rey we are going to miss you, but thanks for doing this for us," Poe said sympathetically.
"Please just let Leia know soon," I said.
BB-8 rolled up to him.
"Take BB-8," Poe said ,"he'll keep you company and you can communicate with us."
"Are you sure?" I asked as BB-8 loaded himself into the droid seat."I know how much he means to you."
"I have Finn and Leia, besides you'll be alone without him."
"Thanks."
There was that word again.
I smiled at Poe as I closed the top of the ship.
Poe opened the port door quietly as I slowly took off into the outreach of space.

Bens POV
I watched out of the main quarters as Rey's X-Wing went across our viewing chart. I knew where she was going, and I knew her exact location. I had been probing her mind when she didn't know it, I had felt and seen her surroundings through the force.
"What was that?" A worker at the control machines asked.
"Should I shoot?" One shouted.
"No it's just a meteor," I replied.
Of course I knew Rey had been on Hoth with the Resistance, but I wouldn't tell because no one knew it; but I was leaving too. I was going to let the past die. No more Sith. At least not me. I wanted to be with Rey.

Rey's POV
After hours of flying, I pulled the ship down towards a planet Poe had told me about. It was like Scarif; a planet that had been destroyed when the rebels got the Death Star plans. Except this planet was still here. It was the planet Kial; a warm tropical beach planet with very few inhabitants. I flew around looking for a deserted space, then landed my X-Wing on the sand. I got out into the humid air and stared at the beautiful ocean. I had never seen one before. Tears stung my eyes, the scene was so beautiful, the sun was slowly setting below the water. I got out and took off my shoes as I stepped onto the sand. BB-8 got out and walked along. On the other side of the sand bar was a Forrest of palm trees and some abandoned hut like things. Poe explained that it had been a backup Resistance base, so to just make myself at home, since no one lived there. I looked around, then chose a room with a window facing the ocean. As I unpacked, I felt Bens presence, but only for a split second, then it went away. It was like we almost connected but it stopped. I thought it would be nice to finally be alone on this tropical planet with no Resistance worries, but i actually started to feel lonely. I thought about how much Finn would've liked the ocean. I missed him and Poe. I started to feel tired, so I got ready for bed, then sat on the bed in my room and watched the ocean and how beautiful it was. Poe picked a good planet. Without his help, I would still be looking for a planet to stay on.
I thought about how I missed him and all my friends. I layed down on my bed and drifted off to sleep.
I woke up to the sound of the ocean waves crashing onto the sand. Maybe I would go swimming today. I had never been in the ocean before and I wanted to go.
"Do you know where I could find a swimsuit?" I asked BB-8 as he rolled by. BB-8 rolled along as I followed him to a storage unit with piles of Resistance clothes.
"Thanks!" I said to BB-8 as I dug through the clothes. I found pajamas, pilot suits, and casual clothes, but no swimsuits. Before I had lost hope, I saw a shimmer of gold at the bottom of a crate. It was a gold and red bikini top with a wine red long skirt that draped across in front of my waist to my ankles. It looked like the closest thing to a swimsuit. I slipped it on and headed outside prancing across the sand to the water. BB-8 followed me as I looked out into the big ocean stretching across the horizon. The sun was barely above the horizon. All of the sudden, I felt scared; how deep was it? What creatures lived in there? Before I could think, I shrugged it off and I ran in the water. I was about knees deep as I felt the sea foam splash against me. BB-8 was in the sand watching.
"Hi BB-8! I shouted to him happily.
I felt on top of the world. I took a deep breath as I moved waist deep. The water was at a comfortable point, not to warm or chilly. I looked back at the land where I could see the sand bar, the palm tree forrest hiding away the Rebel huts. I laughed as I splashed around like a child. I waded to about chest deep. The waves seemed to be getting bigger. I could just imagine some creature lurking under the water snatching my leg from underneath me. I shuddered as I glanced back at the land. It seemed so far away, I could barley see BB-8. I was scared now and ready to head back. I glanced to see a shadow beside me and turned to see Ben about 3 feet away from me shirtless. I didn't feel the force connecting us, was he really here? Before I could say anything, a wave collapsed over me pushing me under the water...

A/N: Cliffhanger! Hope you enjoy the book so far! Be sure to vote on chapters!
BTW: If you didn't notice, Rey's swimsuit is Leias slave outfit.