Chapter 1: Always There

Rey's POV
As the Millennium Falcon left the icy planet, i stared out the window watching the distant stars go by. The one thing I couldn't stop thinking about was Ben. He protected me from Snoke and his men. I had a lingering for him almost, a need.
"Rey, how are you?" Finn said startling my thoughts.
I jumped.
"Oh fine I guess," I said with a weak smile.
"What's going on Rey?" Finn asked sitting next to me.
"Nothing," I said almost too offensively.
Finn looked taken back.
"I'm sorry Finn, I'm just tired I guess," I apologized. I felt bad for lashing out on him like that.
"It looks like you need some time to yourself," he said walking out, leaving me alone in the crate hall.
   I began crying, I felt that Luke was now dead through the force, and I had lashed out on my friend. I buried my head in my chest and it was so quiet, I could hear my own heart beat. Then I could almost hear two. They were in sync with each other. I looked up and felt Bens presence. I looked up and saw his surroundings. He was alone too in the AT-AT crate room.
"What wrong my Rey of sunshine?" He asked calmly.
"Nothing, nothing at all," I said quickly wiping my tears off my face.
"Why didn't you join me Rey?" He asked in not an angry, but almost sympathetic tone.
I didn't answer, I just stared into his eyes. He didn't try to push the mind probe on me, he just stared back into my eyes. I blinked, then he went away. About that time, Poe walked in.
"Am I interrupting something?" He asked as if someone was supposed to be sitting across from me.
"No," I answered back.
"Ok, dinner is ready, if you want to join us."
"Sure," I said following him to the table where Finn, Leia, and Poe were sitting.
I quietly sat down beside Finn as we all are in silence.
I thought about what Ben said. His little rey of sunshine? Finn stared sadly at his food.
"I'm sorry about earlier Finn," I whispered.
"I understand," Finn said ,"we're all still sad about Luke, don't worry about it."
"Thanks Finn," I replied.
At that Leias expression turned sad. After dinner, I approached Leia alone.
"I'm really sorry about Luke," I said.
"It's ok," she said sadly. "Let's just try to focus on finding another rebel base."
She walked away. Leia had lost her husband and brother. I felt her sadness, my parents were no one special and they were dead, and both of my fatherly figures were dead; killed by Ben, but for some reason I wasn't mad at him. I tried to be and think about how sinister his acts were, but I just couldn't feel mad at him. Something was keeping me from feeling that way. I thought back to when he offered me to join him. Something told me I should've, but the good side of me kicked in and I fled back to the Resistance, but it felt weird being back here. I almost felt cast aside, I fought for this, and now it seemed hopeless.

Ben's POV
All i could think about was Rey, and how much I wanted her to be mine. We had a Force bond for a reason, and I believe that it means for us to be together. I now felt bad for telling Hux that Rey killed Snoke. Now they would be out to get her; to kill her, but I wouldn't let that happen. I was her protector, and still am. I had to think of something, to draw her here to be with me. I would think of something, soon.

A/N: Hi fellow Reylo lovers! This chapter is short but it's really more of an introduction I guess. Thank you already for reading my book! I hope you enjoy it! This takes place after the Last Jedi in case you didn't read the description. Please be sure to check out my other works! I will usually post Reylo art I like at the top so yeah, I do not own the art, all rights to the owner!