Lost : Part 3

You sat still in the medical bay occasionally glancing out the porthole at fish passing by. Sunlight cast through the water surrounding the submarine sending triangles of light dancing across the walls. It was strange being completely under water. It was also a beautiful sight you'd never had the opportunity to see.
Your mind turned to your crew as you stared off. Would Trafalgar really just let you go on the next island? Were they even looking for you? How would you contact Killer with no den den mushi? You hadn't been out in the world long enough to know how to go about such a task, not to mention you didn't have any money or tools to communicate. They probably took all of your daggers as well.

A sharp wrap on the metal door jolted you out of your thoughts. You reached back knocking on the wall to allow them entrance. A man with shoulder length rusty hair entered followed by a polar bear who held your folded laundry. Without making eye contact the bear placed your clothes on the sliver of unoccupied mattress next to you.

"Captain says you're allowed to go in the rec room and the galley once you're dressed." The redhead glanced at you through dark tented glasses a slight flush on his cheeks.

You offered a nervous smile, unsure if moving around the foreign ship would be a good idea or not.

"Uh..." The man rubbed his nape, "I'm Shachi by the way and this is Bepo. He'll help you get around if you'd like." He gestured toward the bear.

You nodded.

"Then I'll leave you to Bepo." He waved his hands in front of him and slipped out the door.

Bepo stared at you for a moment watching you unfold your clothes.

"Captain says you're mute." He commented a bit of shakiness to his voice.

You nodded slipping the dressing gown off your shoulders, he must not have wanted to share your devil fruit with the crew.

"Oh sorry." Bepo swiftly turned his back to you.

After slipping into your bra and tank top you scooted to the edge of the bed letting the ball of your right foot pad the cold floor. Slowly you reached forward gripping Bepo's sleeve to help steady yourself, so you could figure out how to put your shorts on. Eventually with some tugging, huffing and gesturing you managed to get the mink to help you with your shorts and shoes. He held you up with one arm and reached for a set of crutches with the other taking a brief moment to explain how they work. You'd never seen anything like them before. They were uncomfortable but once he adjusted then to your height it wasn't so bad.

"Are you hungry?" He asked opening the medical bay door.
"We are not feeding her." The captain's calm voice met you at the threshold.
"But captain!" An unfamiliar voice whined from behind him, "She's been here for 24 hours with no food."
"And she is hydrated and shows no signs of malnutrition, so she can last until we drop her off tomorrow." He glared down at you with narrowed eyes.

You uncomfortably averted your gaze while he ignored the other man's protest.

"Rec room only, everything else is off limits." Law raised his stormy gaze to the bear at your side.
"Yes captain." Bepo replied watching him turn and make his way back down the hall.

_______________
Killer and Kid sat in the workshop going over what repairs they could afford to do themselves after the Marine attack. None of the damages were anywhere near what you had done with just your voice.

Killer sighed rolling up a blue print and setting it on the desk.

Kid's nonexistent brow twitched, "Sigh one more time and I'm cramming this down your throat." He attracted a ball of nails and tools to his left hand.
"It's been almost two days."
"Heat and Kai have a team out looking for her." Kid muttered.
"I should have gone."
"And done what exactly? If it dropped her in the water on the other side of this island it doesn't ma-"

"purupurupuru." Both men turned their attention to the den den mushi across the room, "purupurupuru."

Kid moved to pick it up, "What."

The den den kept it eyes half lidded, "And you said I have a bad attitude Eustass-ya." Law's smooth uninterested tone filled the room.

Killer made his way to his captain's side.

"What do you want Trafalgar?" Kid barked, "I'm too busy to play games with you."
"Oh, I believe I've something you are looking for." His signature smirk evident in his voice.

Killer stiffened waiting for the inevitable exchange to be proposed.

"You're docked on Xiva Island correct? You couldn't have gone far after fighting marines."
"It didn't take long to make the papers." Kid commented rubbing the bridge of his nose, "What do you want? Let's get this over with."
"You have a map that I'm interested in. You know the one." He paused thinking this ransom wasn't enough, "And since she doesn't have a bounty yet I suppose 500,000 beri will suffice."
"If I refuse?" Kid sneered.

Killer's knuckles turned white as his fists tightened at his sides. He knew Kid would be less inclined to negotiate, especially with the Surgeon of Death, but he couldn't just let the Heart crew keep you.

"I'll give her back in pieces. Whether you'll be able to put them back together or not I haven't quite decided. It's a shame though she seems like a nice enough girl. Probably too nice for your crew. I suppose I could keep her... it appears she's been a slave before."
"Wait." Killer voiced impatiently over Law's rambling.

Kid's eyes jerked toward his first mate.

"I'll pay you." The blond spoke through gritted teeth.
"Seems I've struck a nerve Killer-ya? What about the map?" The den den reflected the smug smile on the surgeon's face.

Kid was busy staring at his first mate with wide eyes.

"Eustass-ya~" Law sang.
"Fine. I'll bring the map." Kid groaned, "There's a pub on the south side of the island we'll meet you there tomorrow at sundown."
"It's agreed then." Law replied.
"And Trafalgar...if there's a single hair out of place on her head I'll let Killer slice you to pieces." Kid warned.
The den den mushi grinned, "I wouldn't dream of it."

"Clank"