Home

A/N - This has a little bit of a lemon. You've been warned. 

After arriving back on the ship Killer immediately took you to sick bay to be checked out by the doctor he trusted. You were fine of course with the exception of the stitches in your left calf and your ribs. Once your inspection was complete the blond gently scooped you up and took you to the galley. Your stomach rumbled embarrassingly loud bringing Killer's hidden gaze down to you.

"Did they not feed you?" He asked half joking, frowning when you shook your head, "What kind of doctor refuses food to a healing person?"

You shrugged settling into the chair Killer had placed you in.

Sitting in comfortable silence you watched the blond pull food and supplies from the fridge and cabinets. Kai stopped in under orders to drop off your notebook and pencils. After taking a brief moment to hug you and welcome you back he left the two of you alone again.
Killer continued cooking quietly glancing at you while you drew in your notebook. You seemed quite content to have your book back. It would be a lie to say the rest of your anxiety practically melted away when Kai placed it on the table.

You'd been gone for just about sixty hours without any of the things that calm you, the masked blond included, and it felt like an eternity. Killer could most definitely relate. While you were on the Polar Tang you could at least take comfort knowing your crew was on their ship and could take care of themselves.

Killer on the other hand had watched in a hopeless daze as you were carried away by another devil fruit user to some far-off place. If they'd dropped you in the ocean you'd surely be dead and if they took you to the nearest island, you were wounded and had dropped your cutlass. He didn't know how many daggers you'd wasted.
For the next several hours he was worried beyond any point he thought he was capable. Finding out you were with the Heart crew his only hope was that Trafalgar wouldn't get bored and dissect you. But there you sat, pursing your lips, brows furrowed adorably in concentration while you doodled away. Killer found himself smiling beneath his mask and really suppressing the sudden urge to touch you.

You looked up feeling his eyes on you and smiled. Suddenly he was more thankful for his mask than he'd ever been as it hid the flush that took over his face. What were you doing to him?

"It's almost ready." He awkwardly cleared his throat and turned back to the stove with a nod.

After dinner Killer took you to the showers, setting a chair under one of the faucets so you wouldn't have to stand and could avoid getting your stitches too wet. You had initially just asked him to bathe with you, not feeling confident in your ability to stand. Under different circumstances he probably would have been fine with it but today, right now he didn't think he'd have the will power.

Now clean, you sat elevated by pillows against your headboard notebook in hand while Killer sat opposite you.

"Trafalgar said something about you being a slave before. Is that true? Why hadn't you told me?" The questions tumbled out of his mouth before he could stop them and correct his almost envious tone.

You leaned forward rolling up the soft fabric of your shorts until the big bold black tattoo you received as a child was visible. You knew one day you'd have to explain the mark to someone who cared for you. The other men who had seen it only saw it as a green light to touch you as they pleased. You weren't ashamed of it, it was just a big ugly reminder of your irreversible past.
Killer stared at the tattoo that stretched from your upper thigh to your hip. He waited very patiently as you scribbled your story over three sheets of paper. Some things he already knew, how townspeople treated you, how men had their way, how you had enough and taught yourself to fight back.

There were a lot of things he didn't know; how you were kidnapped at age 8, tattooed and force-fed a devil fruit to be sold as some sort of experimental child soldier. After being freed you were one of the few kids that didn't make it back on the slave ship. You spent fourteen years on that island fighting to stay alive. You were a survivor from the very beginning and he admired you for it.

Another sheet and a half explained the last hours with the Heart crew. He was glad nothing really happened. Leaning forward with a yawn and the intent to let you be for the night Killer's eyes widened at the sixth sheet of paper you slipped in front of him.

"Stay."

It was written clearly enough but that didn't stop him from questioning it. You seemed fine, the only time you'd asked to sleep with him in the past was because of nightmares. Had your stay with the Heart crew been more traumatizing than it seemed?

On the contrary, you were feeling something you hadn't expected. You just missed him. No one in your life stayed long so you didn't bother getting attached. But Killer seemed determined to be there. He'd given up a precious set of blades for you and practically defied Kid to get you back. Considering his doting demeanor since retrieving you, you assumed the feeling might be mutual. It was a hopeful whim asking him to stay and the nervous fluttering in your stomach probably wouldn't stop even if he agreed.

"Are you OK?" He asked still trying to figure out the origin of your request.

You smiled brightly and nodded. The blond chuckled having figured you out.

"You missed me?" He teased watching you blush and shake your head in denial.

He placed the papers you'd given him on the floor behind him and crawled up to the head of the bed with you. After easing down into the mattress, you turned off the bedside lamp. Shortly after you heard a familiar click, Killer shifted reaching over you to place his mask on the table near the lamp. Usually he turned over to face the wall but this time he very carefully slipped his left arm between you and the bed reeling you into his chest. You hoped he couldn't feel your heart thrumming against your ribcage or the heat slowly spreading through your body. Neither of you were a stranger to the other's touch. He hugged you and picked up often. This was different, slow, calculated and purposeful. His goatee brushed your nape sending a flash of goosebumps across your skin.

He couldn't hold back anymore. This want to have you as close as possible was more overpowering than it had been earlier in the evening. It was blossoming into a need that threatened to snub out his very breath if you weren't a panting blushing mess soon.

"F/N," His sultry tone sent a flash of warmth down your spine, "Can I touch you?"

Before giving it a second thought you nodded.

His calloused hands roamed over your clothes, the left eventually finding its way under your shirt gently swirling over your belly while the right slid down your thigh tracing waves of tingling heat back up to your hip pulling your backside into his pelvis. Your breath snagged in your throat while his surprisingly soft lips grazed the nape of your neck moving over the dip in your shoulder.

No one had ever been this gentle, no one ever made you feel like you wanted more. You found yourself wanting to kiss him, needing to know how those lips felt against yours and not just the back of your neck and shoulders. Carefully you attempted to turn toward him. His left hand shot up taking your chin between his thumb and index finger to turn you back toward the empty space.

"You haven't pinned me yet." He rumbled.

His hands went back to work, touching every inch he could reach. When you began to squirm he moved his right hand from your hip to cup your woman hood pressing his digits against you through the fabric of your shorts. You sighed quietly placing your hand over his to add pressure. He nipped your shoulder grinding against your rear while you rocked against his fingers. Your small ragged huffs only intensifying the moment.

"I missed you." He unintentionally whispered, warm breath tickling your ear and helping you find the release you'd been seeking.

When you relaxed he wrapped his arms around you turning you carefully, to not hurt you or allow you to peek up at his face in the moonlight. He knew it was silly to show you such affection and still not allow you to see him, but you'd made a deal and he wasn't about to let you just win without even trying. You clung to his soft shirt burying your face in his chest suddenly very tired, you smiled and closed your eyes.