Storm

"F/N!" I've brought you some books." A sultry female voice called from the front of your small cabin.

You rose from the corner to let the librarian in. She had two bags filled with both fiction and nonfiction. She usually stopped by around the same time every month to collect the books you'd read replacing them with new ones that she knew you'd be interested in.

You welcomed her with a tight squeeze. This time she came with dinner as well. Prattling on about a recent book she'd discovered as she portioned the food out onto plates for you both.

Your dinner was interrupted by a wrap on the door. She looked at you, both of you equally bewildered.

"Stay here." She murmured gracefully gliding to the door only to be snatched over the threshold.

You scrambled to your feet following her screams. Two men with torches dragged her kicking through the dirt.

"Run F/N!" She shrieked earning a punch from one of the men.

You were frozen in fear, torn between wanting to help her and running away as instructed.

"You've been teaching this monster." The taller man sneered grabbing a handful of her hair.

"She's just a child. Please... F/N... run!"

The shorter blond male had already made his way to the porch blocking you.

"There's a price to pay for helping this criminal." The tall man struck the librarian sending her slender frame to the ground.

You lunged forward, strong arms catching your waist.

"Ho ho ~ you aren't going anywhere darlin' ~ " He cooed lips gazing your ear.

A gasp raked through your throat as he tossed the torch aside pinning you to the ground. His knees dug into your thighs as he pulled your arms above your head holding your wrists together with one hand. The other slipped under your shirt resting flat on your belly before creeping up to your chest. He was too heavy; all attempts to wiggle out from under him failed only exciting him further. Painful manic screams caught your ear but your head was viced between your upper arms forcing you stare up at your captor.

You only had one option. Drawing in a breath and mashing your eyes shut you screamed.

_____________

You tumbled out of your bed as the ship violently rocked. A storm had apparently moved in while you were sleeping. The crew had set sail a week ago and honestly you still hadn't found your sea-legs. There was no time to recover from your nightmare before you heard Wire call for all hands on deck. You stumbled to your feet trying to anticipate the next roll of the sea. After throwing on one of your new jackets you stepped out into the pouring rain.

"F/N take this and help Heat starboard." Wire tossed a bundle of rope to you sighing at your confused expression, "That way." He pointed.

You gave a sharp nod and scurried off to find Heat. The bluette called for you wiping his wet locks out of his face. He looked very calm considering the chaos surrounding you. The ship dipped drastically as a swell pushed toward you.

"Hold on!" A strained voice shouted seconds before the wall of sea water crashed overhead slamming you into the deck.

All of your muscles relaxed forcing the air out of your lungs. An arm wrapped around your torso lifting you as you wretched and gasped. You hoped it wasn't your captain, though he didn't seem like the type to swoop in and save someone. This was probably his definition of getting in the way. Already sea-sick being dowsed in the ocean only furthered your weakened state. In a fluid motion you were rolled up into a broad chest clad in a familiar blue cotton shirt.

Killer.

Thank the gods.

"You OK?" The blond asked helmet gazing down at you.

You shook your head wide eyed as another wave of nausea sloshed through you. He picked up his pace reading your distressed expression. Once inside his cabin he managed to get you to the toilet just in time. You hunched over gripping the tank as you promptly lost your dinner again. The blond stood behind you rubbing small warm circles between your shoulder blades crouching down with you when you dropped to the floor. Tears and sea water stung your eyes while you sputtered hoping you were finished. When it seemed you were in the clear Killer rose gently tugging your shivering body with him.

"You should probably take a shower at least to get the ocean water off." He set you on the vanity and filled a small cup with water leaving the tap running.

You lazily shook your head before swishing the water in your mouth and spitting into the sink. There was no way you were going back out on the deck with that storm still raging.

"Stay here for a second." He walked into the main room and came back with a towel and a tee shirt, "At least dry off and change."

You felt your face heat up as he ruffled the towel over your wet hair.

"Uh.. Knock if you need anything." He turned closing the door.

You peeled your wet clothes off, damp under garments would have to do. The shirt looked like a dress on your tiny frame, hem kissing your knees the collar hanging off your shoulder. The ship hadn't bucked in a while and the thunder seemed distant now. You could still hear the rain pounding against the deck, now mixing with voices in Killer's room.

"He said the woman was injured." You recognized Kid's harsh grumpy voice.

'The woman'?

"F/N," Killer corrected, "Was hit by a wave. She's a devil fruit user so she couldn't really help it."

Kid grumbled something inaudible.

"Well surely you understand, you couldn't be on deck either." The blond added.

"Fine." Kid gave up.

When you heard the cabin door close you stepped out of the tiny restroom wet clothes in your arms.

"I'll hang that up." Killer took the clothes and gently draped them over a chair and the edge of his work bench, "It's still raining pretty hard and we're on duty in five hours it's best to just rest."

He nodded toward the bed. You hesitated but slinked over sinking into the mattress. Killer turned out the light and shuffled across the pitch black room. You heard the sound of something tap against the wall before his weight shifted the bed.

"Good night F/N." His voice was clearer than usual.

Did he remove his mask?

His back brushed against yours sending heat through your body. You'd never shared a bed with anyone before, much less a man. Though the only experiences you'd had in close proximity to men had been abusive and vulgar, Killer somehow made you feel safe; even on a pirate ship full of them. You allowed yourself to relax and drift off.

Five hours. Five solid hours. No nightmares. No internal screaming. No tingling of ghostly fingers creeping up your torso. You just slept. Eyes still closed you yawned and stretched kicking the blankets aside. A low chuckle caught your ear reminding you where you'd fallen asleep.

Killer sat at his work bench watching you through the holes in his helmet with a steaming cup of coffee and a warm plate of food. You sat up quickly tugging the hem of his shirt to cover your exposed thighs.

"Good morning." He chimed, "Eat up, we have to head up to the crow's nest in a few."

You nodded taking the seat next to him.

"Oh - uh - and I stopped by your room before anyone was up. Your clothes were still wet and we can't have you walking around like that." He pointed at a neatly folded stack of your clothes.

You offered a small appreciative smile and continued eating before going into the restroom to change and braid your hair.

It was still rather early. Only a few crewmates were milling around as you exited Killer's cabin. One man in particular caught your attention, mostly because he was glaring at you and the first mate. Probably making assumptions judging by the creepy smile that slithered across his greasy face. An uncomfortable shudder racked your spine.