Chapter 1 - Confession

"Bye mom!" Serena hugged her mom. "I love you!"

Serena waved to her mom with a few items such as her french horn and violin as she got onto the school bus.

However, the bus wasn't going it's normal destination of Vaniville Junior High.

Instead it was going to the airport. Most Vaniville Junior High graduates went to KABHS, or Kalosion Academy Boarding High School.

She didn't know for certain who was and who wasn't going, aside from Calem. Who right behind her as she walked down the isle on the bus, until she reached her seat in the very back, where Calem sat next to her.

Serena smiled as she looked at Calem. She wanted to tell him how she felt so bad, but didn't know how. But maybe she could now. They were the only two on the bus, and the next stop wasn't for a while. And it would be the perfect time to tell him. She could start off at a new school dating Calem, or meeting a lot of new people to get over him.

But could she handle it if she got rejected?

And does she even know why she likes him?

Well, he's sweet. He stood up for her many times before when Tyler made fun of her.

He was also there when her dad died.

-_-_-_-

Serena came to school in a black dress and a black bow.

It was February 13th. The day before Valentine's Day, And 3 days before her 13th Birthday.

Her father had died a week ago today, and his funeral was 3 days ago.

She was actually glad he died, no matter how terrible it was. All he ever did was come home to get money or food,and drag her to events she didn't even want to got to. And then he'd leave and spend all the money on alcohol and drugs. It infuriated Serena. All he did was take a bunch of her mother's Ryhorn racing money. Serena didn't even want to wear the black, but her mom made her. She wasn't sad. She was just mad.

At least it didn't look terrible. Serena wasn't much of a makeup girl, but she loved clothes. Everyday she would wear a new outfit, except for uniform days.

Every Wednesday, and days when visitors came in, students had to wear uniforms.

For the girls they were white with navy blue collars and bows and a matching skirt. The guys wore a slightly darker navy blue uniform, with one solid color all over.

Serena stepped off the bus and walked up the stairs to the auditorium. She sat down in the back row, where she usually sat with her group of friends. Her best friends consisted of May, Dawn, Iris, Lillie, and of course Calem.

Some of her other friends she wasn't as close with were Misty, Mallow, Shauna, Sawyer, Mallow, Kiawe, Brock, and Lana.

"Hey Serena," May greeted, but her tone wasn't as cheery as usual.

"It's fine, May," Serena put a hand on May's shoulder. "I'm glad he's dead!"

Everybody within earshot gave Serena a slightly shocked look, except for Calem.

Everybody stared at her.

She began to tear up. "EVERYBODY STOP STARING AT ME!" She screamed.

-_-_-_-

She ended up going to the guidance counselor. Everybody thought she was upset because of her dad, but she was only upset because everybody thought that. And Calem was the only one who listened to her.

Serena took a deep breath.

"Calem, I like you."