CHAPTER 2.2 : Welcome Party

"I'll be in my room if you need me" I said to Jason as we got home, I'll never forgive him for leaving me with that chatter box he calls his girlfriend. She just went on blabbing about herself, not even noticing the lack of interest my face showed.

"You know, am currently the reigning beauty queen here, and I intend to keep this record on, well not that there is anyone who could beat me to it, you know"

Just like Jason, she is so full of herself, and hers is just more infuriating. So yeah, am definitely still mad at him for even bothering to introduce her to me.

"Aren't you hungry?" He called back at me as I walked up to my room. I walked on without replying him, not that he deserves any tho.
"She'll be here by 9pm, so get ready before then alright?." Now he got my attention.

"Get ready for what?"

"The party silly, your welcome party"

"Well am not going"

"Of course you are"

"And what makes you so sure?" I asked resting on the stairs railings, hands akimbo.

"No one misses there welcome party at Midwood, and my lil sis isn't gonna be the first."

"I hate it when you call me that, and you can't make me, and you make it sound like your reputation is at stake if I don't show. You've made it all about you since I got here, you didn't even act like you noticed me all along back at school, you left without me this morning, you only spoke to me back at the bus and I can't call that a conversation can I? You insulted the dude I spoke with, calling him a jerk, all for what?...nothing, and don't get me started about your lil miss popular. I really did not wanna come here you know, mum convinced me to and also cause dad misses me and also cause of your frequent ranting about wanting me here. And here I am, hoping to spend good time with my brother who I miss. It just my first day here and I already wished I hadn't come here." I ran up the stairs as my eyes were about giving way to the ocean waiting to be set free. I hated this about myself, am just too emotional and it makes me look weak. I finally surrendered to the tears 😢😥😢😞 once I was locked in my room. I don't hate him but I just wasn't expecting all this from him. I lay on my bed face looking up thinking and letting the tears flow out slowly before finally drifting off to sleep 😴.

********

When I woke it was 8:25pm. I pulled myself off the bed, walked up to my mirror to take a look at myself and my present look really scared me, my face was swollen like I got sucker punched real hard. I groaned as I heard a knock on my door. I opened up to see him standing there smiling widely as usual.

"Hey" he said

"Hey" I replied and walked back in, sitting on my bed edge.

"Mum's back, she asked of you, but I told her you were asleep"

"Hmm" I kept my gaze on him

"Listen Ash, am sorry about today okay, yeah I was a jerk for treating you the way I did today, just that I was stuck up with friends, and you know how they can be. Am truly sorry sis"

I patted my bed, telling him to come seat with me. He came over slowly and sat, once he was seated I rested my head on his shoulder.