16.

Heyooooo. 

My only excuse of four years of not updating lies in one word. 

COLLEGE. 

That's it! 

Enjoy the chapter! 

********

After the ring, they've all and went to eat lunch and drink. Most of them were separated into their own selective groups and Ellie asked Thomas to walk with her. She informed him that the Gladers fought well but were still in need of training if they were to stay with them until they figured out their next move. After the excitement of knowing that her brother was safe and standing with her, she had completely forgotten about Moving Day.

She had to make Vince go through with their preparations for the move. Recently, she was discussing with Mary and Bailey about the supporting team that we'll assist the rest of the Right Arm to safety through the mountains. Even if there were no Cranks running around, there will be when they move to their new spot.

"Where is it?" Thomas asked.

"Somewhere safe," Along the walk, Thomas takes note of how a few members of the Guard were walking by and they waved or saluted their Monarch. "Since you and your friends came, Vince suspects that WCKD's hound dogs would be frantic in their search for us, for you. I even asked the Guards to do a recheck if the route we're taking wasn't scouted yet, they should be back by nightfall."

Mary even consulted her this morning to propose a plan to divide into groups to avoid any possible followers. Ellie agreed to it, but they needed to plan fast. She wanted a bit more time to interview each and every one of Thomas and Teresa's friends. Including Aris, even if Harriet and Sonya knew him before.

Speaking of Harriet, Ellie had to give her an earful about not following the protocols. That's why she had to assign Harriet to a full-time watch at the gates. Harriet wanted to refuse and to defend her actions on the case, but when she saw the look on the shorter girl's face, she bit her tongue and complied with her punishments.

"I'm sorry." Thomas said. Feeling guilty about bringing WCKD more now than ever.

Ellie slides her arm around his and holds him close to her side as she leans her head on his arm. "Don't be. You wouldn't be here if it were to happen."

And it was true, she really didn't care if WCKD was coming close, she had her brother back. That's what mattered to her the most. But there was an issue with his friends. It's not that she hates them, it's just that she didn't expect Thomas to bring along some cargo when she finds him. And when he found her, she guessed that she needed to deal with his companions for a while, maybe even get to know them better.

Thomas described how they fought together, stayed together, protected each other, and formed a bond that resembles a lot like that of the ones she has with her family of the Right Arm. Unfortunately, there were others who wouldn't come with him. He told her how the other gladers back in the Glade were too terrified to follow.

"So your friends, they're quite interesting." She quipped.

Thomas raised a brow to her. "How so?"

"Well it's only been 20 hours and they've already made an impression on the camp. Especially Minho, he's an excellent fighter." She remarks. Remembering the many comments that Martin was making of how unfair the Asian boy was being.