"Luggage? To where? Did you ask her to come along?" Dad asked again straightening up. His eyes were clouded in confusion as they dug deep into mum's. He was sounding more confused than she ever was.

"Hian! No oo. I don't know your arrangement with her biko (please)." Mum blurted out and I could see her secretly smiling.

Just then aunty walked out from her room. Dad immediately called her aside, and we were certain what he was telling her. Her countenance fell instantly, she was sad. But that doesn't matter does it?

Luggage fully loaded, we bade her farewell, boarded and zoomed off. It was a happy moment for me especially mum. I'm certain dad even noticed. The journey was lively and beautiful as we chatted all the way, talking about everything like school and church. Mum and Dad even gossiped about our next gate neighbor Mr Sly, their gossip forcing me to begin wondering the meaning of such pet name. Believe me when I say they were the best gossips in town. This is the parents I've always known, not the old sad version.

Our first stop was Asaba, where we'd gone for dad's former colleague's child dedication. We lodged in a wonderful hotel which dad had booked online. It was a very magnificent suite. We had our own room while he had his with mum, all in the same wing.

Zara and I walked over to their room with Zara running around as mum arranged the clothes. Just as mum was about hanging them, her phone rang. She laid the hanger down to pick it up but her facial expression instantly showed it wasn't a wanted call. But she still picked up.

"Good evening ma" Mum said into the phone and that was all. She kept listening with occasional "Sorry ma" "Yes ma" "Okay ma" and the rest of the ma's. The call was still ongoing when dad walked into the room, scooping up Zara and playing with her. After a long irritating moment, dad got angry and demanded to know who it was. Mum slowly murmured "Your mum" and I could feel dad's strength leaving him.

Dad was weak and let mum answer the call peacefully. At a point, he forcefully took the phone from her, placed it on his left ear, and listened intently to the voice from the other end. After a while, all I heard him say was "We will call you later, we have somewhere we need to be urgently" and ended the call.

Then the calls started coming in, with mum's phone buzzing every five seconds. Dad went livid and ordered mum not to pick them. Mum knew she was in for a long crucifix but didn't let it bother her that much, at least for now. She have conditioned her mind to enjoy this moment without interference, so the best she can do was to let go. We stayed for a few days in Asaba with dad taking us to various amazing scenes.

Our next stop was Uyo in Akwaibom. state, from where we headed to Calabar just in time for the popular Calabar carnival. It was a memorable fun and experience we had at the carnival. To fit into the massive crowd, we'd dressed up in their local costume, learnt new dance steps and their mouth watering culture. Dad had taken lots of pictures which he posted on his Facebook page. Well it wasn't surprising when mum noticed none of his family members liked the pictures talk more of commenting on them. Who cares since the pictures alone generated over a thousand likes.

I learnt a big lesson; most times you don't need certain people to feel alive!

After a lovely carnival, we travelled down to Owerri, Imo state. It was actually a state to be in. Great hangouts, beautiful hotels, and most importantly a wonderful game centre. I really loved and enjoyed our stay in Owerri.

Dad subsequently scheduled a time to meet most of his classmates. It was during this trip that he mentioned to me he'd schooled in the popular Holy Ghost College, and I was very much impressed. Mum on the other hand had schooled in the well-known Owerri Girls Secondary School, popularly known as Ojimgbo. The schools were located almost adjacent each other, being just separated by the famous Assumpta Cathedral roundabout.

I've always believed that mum and dad were university sweethearts but with this revelation, I'm beginning to piece the puzzle together; a puzzle which shows they might have been high school sweethearts. My speculation was endorsed when we attended dad's reunion and most of his classmates reminded him of his younger days especially when he was after mum. Amazingly, some of them also married their long time girlfriends. It was more than a reunion.

From Owerri, we left for Enugu where I felt rather more at home. Did I mention that dad's mum had insisted we come home to spend part of the holidays with her, thankfully dad refused. As a result, the calls and messages never stopped coming into mum's phone. I heard when she was complaining to dad that his family felt it was mum's idea that we shouldn't come stay with them. Dad asked her to ignore but the hate texts wouldn't stop coming, so dad had to seize and switch off her phone. Mum could have some peace after all.

We spent more days in Enugu and it felt wonderful. It was very peaceful and for the first time in a long while, I could see the real spark of love between mum and dad. Sadly our trip came to an end as we had to return to Portharcourt few days to dad's resumption. I wished that very moment that we could extend our trip or at least remain where we were while he gets another job. But when duty calls, no one holds back.
*******

Chapter six is finally here people 💃 💃

I'm keeping to my promise right??? Lol

So, do you feel any pity for Tee?

Some past scenes are being revealed right? I know you'd be wondering what Tee meant when she threatened Nneka with these words "I brought you into this house and can take you out, better behave yourself"....

Yipeee.....
Stronger Than Pain got ranked for the first time today 23/1/18. #859 hahahaha

PS: Thank you  @_cuteRoses_ for all your support. Let's do this again....