||20||

Art went by fast, I kept catching Finn staring at me through out the class, which made me want to do nothing but talk to him, but I felt like I had to be stronger than that. I didn't deserve to be a second choice to Finn, something he brushed under the carpet when he was done with me. Eventually, he did stop trying to talk to me, and instead just irritated me for the rest of the remaining time in the subject. I had never been so happy to get out of a situation than I was when the bell that signified the end of class rung loudly.

**BIG TIMESKIP TO SATURDAY Y'ALL GET HYPED FOR THE PARTY**

[party outfit:

]. I was meeting Sadie before the party would start, we figured it would be the easier option and Jack wouldn't be drinking at the party so he would drive us there. I was excited and nervous for the party, to be honest. But I felt as though I could power through and just have the time of my life, forget about everything and just have fun.

As soon as we arrived at the party, I heard the laughing of teenagers and booming music. I walked up the path leading to the door of the house the party was being held in, and knocked it, instantly being met with Max who was the captain of the football team. He looked at me and licked his lips.

"Lookin' good, (y/n)." He smirked and tried to snake an arm around my waist. I laughed slightly, and smiled.

"Sorry, love. I'm just not that interested." I pushed away from him with my hand, walking with Sadie and Jack to the kitchen, feeling like a badass for standing up to him. The song Silence [in gallery] played in the midst of all of the teenagers laughing and dancing. I decided to pour myself a drink, and began dancing with Jack and Sadie for awhile.

After a couple of drinks, dancing became harder to keep my balance during and my friends struggled more to keep control of me. I was minding my own business, dancing, when suddenly everyone started cheering and the door opened and closed again. Clearly someone had just walked in, and people got excited about it. Sadie smiled over in the direction of the door and shot a wave at whoever had just walked in.

Curiosity got the better of my drunken mind, and I stumbled across the make-shift dance floor and stared at the boy who had just walked in

it was Finn. Finn Wolfhard.

My heart began racing just looking at him, the shirt he was wearing framed him well. He looked amazing, and I had never missed him more than I did in this moment.

I stumbled over to Finn, who was standing with Caleb and Wyatt, laughing about things I couldn't quite make out. My legs felt like jelly beneath me, but determination took over and I had to be near Finn. I had to talk to him about what had happened, and I had to stop putting it off now.

"(Y/n)?" Finn dragged me out of my thoughts, raising an eyebrow as I stumbled while looking at him.

"I-I need to talk to you, Finn." I slurred my words, causing Finn to laugh.

"We can talk, (y/n). Come upstairs." He uncrossed his arm and held me by the waist so all of the teenagers around us wouldn't get me out of his arms. I groaned as he pulled me through the crowds even though it was gentle, until we got to a bedroom that had no people in it. "Can I clear things up now?" He asked sincerely, I shot him a nod and lay down on the bed next to where he was sitting. "Gretta is just someone I used to fuck for fun, she doesn't mean anything to me. Not as much as you do, she never will." He sounded sincere, it brought me back to my thoughts a bit.

"Finniee, i'm sorry I never let you explain yourself." I still slurred upon my words due to how intoxicated I was, but I was sober enough for him to take me seriously.

"It's fine, (y/n). Really." He laughed a little at my drunken state again. I stared into his eyes as they lit up as they watched me, I leaned in close to him, staring at his soft lips as they parched slightly. I didn't know what I was doing, but I didn't regret it.

********

okokok

i was so excited about writing this chapter and now idk how to feel about it