Cole stood there in shock for a moment before he headed out after his girlfriend. Up ahead near his old civic, he couldn't see Charlotte anywhere. The closer he got, the more anxious he became as to where she could've ran off to. He unlocked the car door, slipped inside, and started the engine. Cole was about to pull out his phone to call her, but he snapped his head up quickly as he heard the passenger door slam shut to his right. Sure enough, there she was, sitting as if nothing had just happened.

"You know–" Cole cut himself off with a huff as he buckled his seat belt. Charlotte just shot him an innocent smile, flashing her perfectly whitened teeth at him. "I love you, but you're a pain in my âss." A small chuckle escaped his lips as he turned his head back and checked for oncoming cars before pulling out of his parking spot.

"But I'm your cute pain in the âss." She grinned as she lightly poked his cheek, causing his smile lines to form.

"Oh yeah? Well, you're going to get it when we get back." Cole teased as he rolled his driver's side window down. He let his free arm hang out the opened window as he let his other hand grasp the top of the steering wheel.

He said those words again, and she didn't say them back. Cole said that he loved her, but she still refused to repeat the words back to him. It made him wonder why she didn't love him, yet it was a selfish thing to even think about. He knew that he shouldn't even love her in the first place, but he did. Now, he was continuing to dig himself into a deep rut that he'd never be able to free himself from.

Charlotte mimicked as he did and rolled he window down too. She freed her arm from the should strap of the seat belt and loosened her lap restraint enough so that she could stick her head out the window some. The wind was rough as is it whipped her already naturally rosy tainted cheeks. Cole's eyes flickered to her as the speed limit slowed down by ten, and he could just see this wild freedom in her as a large grin came to her lips.

"What exactly are you doing?" He chuckled as the car pulled up to the stoplight by campus.

She rolled her eyes playfully as she pulled her head back into his car. The wind had blown her hair in all sorts of directions, so it sat as a matted mess on top of her head. "I wanted that natural wind blown look." Charlotte shrugged her shoulders as she leaned back against his car seat.

He couldn't help but to laugh at her statement as his car rolled into a university parking spot. Cole put their windows back up before he stepped out of his car, shortly being followed by Charlotte. Once the doors shut, he pressed the little lock button on his key twice to hear the car horn beep at him. He held his hand out to his lady, and she gladly placed her's in his opened palm.

"I'd invite you back to my dorm, but Kristie said that she's having Andy over tonight, again." Charlotte groaned as she swung their arms lightly along with their footsteps. Cole just raised his brows at her, not seeming to catch the hint. She huffed slightly as they reached the fork in their pathway. Instead of going left towards her dorm, she gently yanked his arm towards the right.

"Oh, so you want to go back to my place?" He teased as his grip on her hand tightened gently. She gave a quick head nod before she flashed him a sweet smile. "I would've never guess."

"Shut up." She muttered once he let out a hearty laugh. The two made their way back up to his dorm, and he opened the door and closed it behind them. Charlotte didn't even wait for him to finish taking off his shoes before she plopped belly down on his comfortable couch.