35

Day 28 - 8:45 pm

"Charlotte." Kristie whined impatiently as she banged on the bathroom door repeatedly with her closed fists. Currently, Charlotte was attempting to curl the last piece of her long hair, yet it didn't want to stay in a perfect spiral. She let out a sigh of relief as that strand of hair finally stuck.

She heard the door handle jiggle a few times before the door swung open, showing an overly frustrated Kristie in the doorway. "You picked the lock?" Charlotte chuckled as she unplugged her curling iron, resting it against the cool countertop. "I would've opened the door for you, but I had my hair in a hot iron and didn't feel like making my hair smolder." She said as she began to run her fingers through her curled hair, making them much looser than they were before.

"Then you should've just left the door unlocked." Kristie groaned as she gently bumped Charlotte's hip to the side so that she could get a larger spot in front of their mirror. "I've seen you naked before, it's not even that big of a deal." She chuckled as she plugged her flat iron in, letting it heat up to about four hundred degrees.

Charlotte only rolled her eyes as she looked over herself in the mirror. She wore the black two piece that she bought with Kristie yesterday in the boutique. The outfit was snug, but not too tight to be uncomfortable. Her hair now hung in loose curls over her shoulders, and her eyelids were plated with a sparkly smoky eye.

"See, we could've gotten ready at the same time, but no, you just needed the whole bathroom to yourself." Kristie said sarcastically as she began to press the hot plates against her hair.

"You were in here for an hour putting on makeup. Plus, you weren't sharing mirror space." Charlotte shrugged as she made her way out of the bathroom. She sat herself down on her bed as she grabbed her shoes for tonight. They were a pair of black block heels that stood about three inches high.

Charlotte grabbed her phone off of the nightstand and began to scroll through her social media. She saw that her sister had posted a photo with her friends in school, and it made a small smile tug at the corners of her lips. Her sister deserved the world, and she finally made some decent friends after weeding out the fakes.

Her phone vibrated briefly as a notification popped up on the top of her phone screen. She raised her filled in brows slightly as she tapped on the message.

Cole: Andy and I are heading to your dorm now. I can't wait to see you.

She felt her heart swell with joy as she read the text message, quickly responding with a thumbs up and a red heart emoji before shoving her phone in the small pocket of her skintight pants. Kristie finally walked out of their bathroom, her colored hair falling over her shoulders as she shuffled towards her own bed.

"It took you long enough." Charlotte snickered as she stood up, walking over towards their door to wait for Kristie.

"Shut up, you're the one who took so long." Kristie groaned as she slipped on a tall pair of sparkly black heels. Once they were secured on her dainty feet, she grabbed her clutch and was rushing towards the door. Charlotte chuckled lightly as she held the door open for her and locked it behind them.

"Can you hold onto the room key? I didn't need to bring a purse since this outfit has pockets." Charlotte grinned proudly as she shoved one of her hands in her pocket and used the other to hand Kristie their room key.

"You cheeky little shît. I guess that means if we split up tonight, then I get the dorm all to myself." Kristie smirked wickedly as they walked out onto the sidewalk next to the road. In the distance, they saw Cole's black Civic roll up and park right in front of them. Andy rolled the passenger backseat window down before motioning for the two ladies to get in. "I guess chivalry isn't dead." Kristie snorted sarcastically as she walked to the other side of the car to get in behind the driver's seat.