Chapter 83

***

Liam's POV

"Mum, I'm gonna head out for a couple of days." I tell her as I grab my duffle bag and slip on my shoes.

"No you're not." She says as I finish putting on my shoes.

"Why?"

She walks toward me, "I never get to see you anymore and I want to spend time with you."

"Mum," I whine when she starts hugging me. "It's just next door."

"The Winters'?" She pulls away and looks at me in shock.

"Yeah, we're friends now." I tell her.

"Alright, you can stay over but just remember," she says as I open the door, "I'm making chicken pasta." My mouth waters.

"Mum you wouldn't dare," I raise my eyebrow.

"Oh sweetie you have fun," she pushes me out and closes the door. She wouldn't make my favorite food when I'm not home.

Claire invites me in and I notice that the other boys aren't here. Strange.

"They went home to get their stuff." She speaks out of the blue.

"Oh," I simply say and drop my duffle next to the Tv. We both sit on the couch and watch Tv while we wait for the other boys.

As I'm watching, I feel Claire scoot closer to me, cuddling on my torso. I look down to see her head buried into my chest, her snores small.

She's so damn beautiful.

The way her hair falls in front of her face, those perfect plush lips, and her eyes-gosh her eyes, I get lost in them every time.

I love her so much, and she knows that, but her heart is set for Zayn. And that's what hurts the most.

Niall's POV

"Have fun sweetie!" My mum shouts as I enter Zayn's car.

"I'll see you in a couple of days!" I shout back as Zayn drives away.

"You guys are like best friends," Zayn says as we drive to Claire's flat.

"Niall loves his mommy," Harry and Louis coo. I kick the pass the seat and smack Louis' forehead. "Ow!" They say simultaneously.

"Hey no fighting," Zayn says as we pull into Claire's driveway.

"Whatever," I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt and rush to the front door. Not bothering to knock, I enter he living room to see Liam and Claire, cuddling.

"Liam!" I whisper-shout. He looks at me and carefully gets out of Claire's grip, and walks toward me.

"What?"

"You can't just cuddle with her Liam! She's taken!" I shake his shoulders.

"Dude," he takes my hands off of him. "While she was sleeping she latched onto me. I didn't want to move her because it'll wake her." He explains. I can't help but feel a pang of jealousy toward him. I never had her cuddle with me.

"Sorry, I just thought-"

"I know." He finishes and pats my back.

The other boys come in, with their bags and sets them by the Tv.

***

Claire's POV

When I wake up, I notice that the boys arrived. But they fell asleep-as usual-on the couch.

Louis' arm is slung across my body while his face is in the cushions. Liam is cuddling with Niall, hugging each other. Where's Harry and Zayn?

Carefully slipping away from Louis, I take a picture of them-trying not to laugh-and give a quick kiss on their cheeks before heading upstairs.

When I reach my room, I come across Zayn on my bed and Harry on my couch, both sleeping.

"What are you guys doing?" I whisper to myself and head into my bathroom. I start to sing a song from the top of my head after I close the door and freshen up.

Zayn's POV

Slow down you crazy child

You're so ambitious for a juvenile

But then if you're so smart tell me,

Why are you still so afraid?

Where's the fire, what's the hurry about?

You better cool it off before you burn it out

You got so much to do and only

So many hours in a day

I wake up to a heavenly voice singing Vienna by Billy Joel.

Who's that?

The bathroom door swings open and I quickly close my eyes and pretend to sleep.

But you know that when the truth is told

That you can get what you want

Or you can just get old

You're gonna kick of-

"Zayn?" I hear Claire call and I open my eyes. She's standing at the foot of the bed, hands on her hips.

"Hey," I greet her cooly.

"Did you hear that?" She asks as she grabs a shirt from her drawers.

"Your singing? Of course babe," I sit up and walk over to her, hugging her from behind. "You sound lovely."

"No I don't," she laughs. "I sound like a dying cat."

"Meow," I hear Mittens coo from Harry's side, making us laugh.

"Sorry," she apologizes and spins around so she's facing me. "Let me change babe, this shirt is sticky." I follow her into the bathroom. She look at me weirdly and closes the door.

"What?" I ask. "I want to see your gorgeous body." Her blush is now visible as she takes her shirt off, throwing it at me.

"Zayn stop being to cheeky," she says and slips on the other shirt. I laugh as she leaves me in the bathroom, shutting the door right after.