Meloras frowned and turned to her son who was staring at Milokan.

"No," the young angel said stubbornly, "I'm not going through without you!"

"But-"

"No, Kaiden! I don't want to!" Milokan was afraid, and he wasn't worried about admitting it aloud.

"What are you both talking about?" Meloras questioned, but Jeronah stood in front of her.

"Do it. Kaiden if Milokan gets through, he could pull you through if you lie on your side!"

"What! Are you going through the tear? What if it's not stable enough?"

"Then that's a risk they should take." Jeronah turned and took Meloras' hands. "If they stay, Lucifer might kill them before they get another chance to go through. They shouldn't waste such an opportunity!"

Meloras stared from her soulmate to her son. It took her seconds to understand what to do. They felt like the longest seconds of her life.

"I...I..." her eyes started to water. "Right, we don't have much time!" She started gently pushing Milokan towards the tear, but Kadien grabbed her arm.

"I'm not leaving you here-"

"Yes, you are. You are most certainly not leaving your soulmate in another world."

"Lucifer will capture you again-"

"He won't. Veronica will help us. Yes, she'll be annoyed that you've gone through without her, but I'll bargain with her. We will think of something." Meloras then cupped his face. "We will kill Lucifer, I am sure of it."

"Come with us," Kaiden whispered.

"There's no time. We'll see you very soon!"

Kaiden looked back to Milokan who was examining the tear and gently touching it with his fingers.

"What if you can't get through, what if-"

"Stop it. Going through this is an opportunity for you to be safe." She pulled him into a very tight hug, and Kaiden couldn't breathe. Should he leave his mother here to adventure into another world? What if this is the opportunity they get for their future with the war? What if they don't get another chance?

"I don't want to leave you."

Milokan turned when a huge wave of sorrow punched him in the chest.

"Kaiden?" He questioned, not sure on what to do.

The demon pulled back from his mother with troubled eyes. He glanced at Jeronah, knowing he would do everything in his power to protect her.

When they could hear footsteps approaching, Meloras started pushing him towards the tear.

"We'll see you very soon," she smiled with a wavering lip.

Jeronah ran towards Milokan and assisted him as he pushed an arm through. It was odd to watch when his arm started to disappear.

"Kaiden will struggle, there's not a lot of space."

"That's okay. We will get him through to the other side. Off you go then, Milokan. Quickly."

The teen angel turned, gulped back any nerves he felt and pushed his way through. It felt like he was struggling through a wall made of jelly, but it was warm. When there were only his feet left to go through, Jeronah turned and pulled Kaiden onto the floor.

"Are you ready?" he questioned. His son looked unsettled and emotional.

"No." Kaiden glanced at the tear to see Milokan's hand pointing through, waiting for him to hold on.

"You are so brave for doing this. I know it is the start of a better life."

Kaiden glanced at his mother again and forced his tears away.

"If you have the chance to follow me, I will be waiting for you on the other side, for as long as it takes."

Meloras nodded before Kaiden grabbed Milokan's hand, sending sparks of warmth up their wrists. Milokan instantly started to pull him while Jeronah pushed. Kaiden felt a moment of panic when his head submerged in the tear. He felt like he shouldn't be breathing.

Milokan's other hand reached in and grabbed his elbow, forcing him through the small gap. When Kaiden's top half disappeared into the tear, Veronica entered the room, looking unamused by the silly argument going on upstairs. She opened her mouth but stared in horror. Her eyes widened and her brows furrowed.

"What the-"

Jeronah grabbed Kaiden's ankles and pushed with all the strength he could find while Meloras stood in Veronica's way. Surprisingly, the demon didn't try to battle towards her son.

"I hope he has a good reason for betraying me."

"There are things we need to explain about him. He is needed for a war-"

"Oh," Veronica interrupted and watched emptily as Kaiden fully vanished through to the other world, "so, the rumours are true. Your son is foolish. That tear is not stable enough yet. I either close it now or watch the fabrics between the two worlds crash. I give it ten minutes before it does."

They stared at the tear as it started to flicker aggressively.

Kaiden fell against the angel, he was breathing heavy but remained alert. He glanced up and met nothing but darkness. Milokan shined his beautiful wings, casting a faint creamy glow on their surroundings. Kaiden sat up and narrowed his eyes. They were in a small room, but along each wall had coat-racks filled with mostly winter coats with fur hoods. The floor was made of white marble; it felt cold against their knees. Musty smells of what Kaiden could describe as spice and Vanilla were strong, but not as strong as the angel's scent of wildflowers.

"Where are we?" Milokan questioned, barely believing they had transported to another world.

"I don't know."

They didn't have time to figure it out before the wooden door opened, flooding the room with light. Kaiden pulled Milokan close when someone blindly reached for the light switch and said, "You better hurry along now, you are late, and you know how they hate it when you're late for work."

The light switched on, and the fancy looking man turned without much of an expression until his eyes landed firmly on the demon and the angel. Kaiden's eyes were black. He couldn't help it because deep down, he was a little worried. The fancy looking man with neatly combed hair froze like he was looking at something utterly horrifying. He dropped the coat and stumbled out of the room.

"Intruders!" he yelled. "A demon! He has captured an angel! Help!"

Kaiden and Milokan looked at each other with frowns before a loud siren hit their ears. Panic could be heard outside as the supernatural beings winced and coward further into each other. Milokan gripped Kaiden's jacket, burying himself against him. Kaiden had an arm around him and watched with intense eyes.

The man had slammed the door shut, locking them inside.

"I'm scared," Milokan whispered. He was gripping the demon so tight, Kaiden didn't have to be told to know he was feeling that way.

"We need to teleport somewhere." Kaiden glanced around, but the only way out was through the locked door.

Heavy footsteps quickly approached on the other side of the wood. The boys froze and watched intensely. Had they made a mistake to invade another world?

The lock slowly clicked, and the handle started to bend. Kaiden almost held his breath when the door creaked open, and a man looked into the room with a ferocious glare. It was even worse than Kaidens. The man wore a black shirt with a fitted waistcoat, matching his rough black hair. His dark brown eyes displayed no emotion, but he misread the situation, seeing Kaiden as a threat to Milokan.

With a deep voice, he muttered for them to capture the demon.