☪ CH 03 ☪

HE just have to wait for his next move, right move.

DAWN 03 | REASONING

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO CURE?"

Mom wailed hopelessly, wiping the beads tears trickling down her cheeks while Dad rub comforting circles on her back, in hopes they'd settled down from the traumatic news.

On the other hand, Evan was snuggling to close to you as you lie in motionless on the hospital bed – listening intently to the doctor's words.

"I'm sorry but your daughter's tumor had spread unnaturally for her age..." A glum look was drawn to her mid–thirties complex, "If we make a move, an operation, this will end her life..."

Your parents, instead of shouting for a possible way, only sob in misery. This is wasn't a first, the same tragic had happened to your late grandparents, where you inherit the same illness.

They exchanged few words before the doctor came up to you, "I'm sorry, YN. There's nothing a doctor like me can do..." You only nod and beamed, maintaining the sorrow that were buried in your heart.

"I understand, Doctor." Her eyes dilated, not expecting a calm response – her lips curved into a sad smile, feeling true sympathy for you before patting your head and leave.

"YN..." Mom frantically cry, wrapping you in a warm embrace, "It's my fault that you're suffering this way. I'm so sorry..."

The same response that you gave to the doctor was the same to your mom, "Ma, it was bound that way – at least I know..." You pat her back, to inform that you weren't mad, you don't hate her, and that you accept what was given to you.

"I still have time...to spend it more with you guys."

YOU CHUCKLED as both you and Yona hiked the mountain, a little tired but with the days of walking – you had gotten used to it and gave little sweat. Only when your group reached the mountain, had then you shivered.

"It's cold." You mumbled, receiving a nod from your best friend.

"Is this where we're going to find the Blue Dragon?" She gaped at the dark entrance of the cave, a wave of uneasy washed her petite form, "This is scary."

"Not much if you don't pressure yourself."

Your group slowly walked in the depth of the cave, when you made it in – you were not surprised to see people poking out of the designated room or what you'd call it as.

You noticed some adults not wearing mask as most children have, you turned to one and gave a sincere smile, "Hello." Instead of cowering away, the young child stayed still, observing you.

"What can we do for a group of outsiders?" A familiar voice spoke, strolling in with few peoples behind him. They all held a stern gaze, including the Elder one himself, once his eyes dropped to you, you beamed.

"Bring us the Blue–" Kija paused when you lay your palm on his forehead, "Dear me, you're getting a fever." The crowd watched as you continue to pat the male's head in comfort, a flash of sympathy was greatly shown on your feature.

When in reality, "Don't say a word." Is what you mouthed right before his eyes, the sternness of them didn't failed to quiet him, complying so.