Another excuse. I feel my patience wear thin, and for a moment I almost feel like I'll start screaming at the other being.

"The truth, Dark! I felt it... Something wasn't right when you saw Sean... You weren't thinking logically..."

Mark, I-

"Don't treat me like I'm stupid! I may not understand much, but I do know emotions... And as far as I can tell you demons are rather similar to us humans... You felt something when you saw him like that..."

This time the demon remains silent. I bite my tongue as to not snap at him once more. And this time leave him to his confusingly thoughtful silence.

A door opening down the hall catches my attention. Sean walks out on shaky legs, hand travelling over the textured wall for support as he walks, eyes meeting mine for merely a second before he quickly averts his gaze.

I feel Dark tense within my head, causing my breath to outwardly hitch.

"Se-Jack... you're awake..."

I force the words out, keeping my voice rather calm. Sean merely nods, still keeping his eyes down. His hand travels over the fresh clothes he'd been changed into, his hair still a grimy mess however.

"How are you feeling...?"

His nervous manner stresses me out, the way he seemed to want to run, get away from me. Or was it Dark? Honestly it doesn't make a difference at this point.

"I-I'm okay..."

His croaky voice comes out merely a whisper. An almost deafening silence surrounds, neither of us knowing what to say after everything.

Finally I let a sigh escape me, forcing away the awkward air that engulfed us.

"Sean... Do you want to talk about it?"

I try to keep my voice sincere, yet it comes out sounding almost professional. Sean outwardly winces and soon shakes his head solemnly.

I bite back a huff and step forward, silently pleading for him to look up. He's not okay, that much is obvious, but no one would be. No one could just move on after seeing that...

"Sean-"

"I said no, Mark!"

His sudden outburst stops me cold, and I zip my lips shut. His eyes finally moving upward, swimming with a mix of emotions even I can't recognize.

"I don't want to talk about it..."

His head moves downward again, hand moving to his grimy green hair.

"I'm going to take a shower..."

The subject changes, his tone remaining soft and cracked. Without another word he turns, not giving me a chance to speak and wanders down the hall, nearly slamming the bathroom door behind him. I give a small sigh.

~~~~~~Jack's POV~~~~~~

As the door shuts, that's when I let the air release from my lungs. Once I was away from him, even a short distance, that's when I'm able to relax, at least a little bit. Anti stayed silent once again, leaving me to my own thoughts, my own memories.

I push off of the door, stripping my shirt off as I started the shower, letting it drown out the echo of the quiet house.

Instead of stepping in however, my reflection catches my eye. Never had I looked like such shit... Even living in the institution for so many years, I'd never looked so tired.

The bags underneath my eyes were dark, sunken in, and the pallor of my skin gave me almost a corpse-like appearance. The faded green in my hair is what catches my eyes next, the flashes of green haunting me with the glowing rage I remembered feeling. I feel my throat tighten, forcing my eyes away from that sickening color.