Chapter 3: Leaf Green

Hola fam!!! I'm baaaaaaaaack!!! I've missed writing, but, as I say ALL THE TIME, school is a load of crap. As in. I can't even. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the chappie!

(Warning: I swore quite a bit in the chapter, as you can see in the author's note.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Leaf. Time to get to school."

Fourteen year-old Leaf Green awoke to her 16 year-old brother Red Green (lol hUH) shaking her awake.

She smacked him on the arm. "I wanna sleeeeeeeeep," she mumbled.

Red chuckled. "Too bad Lazybones. Wakey wakey. Today's the first day of PAA, remember?" He shook her once more and she groaned.

A second later, Leaf shot up. "Wait. Oh yeah! It's the first day! Well then, what are you waiting for? Do you want to be late? Move your lazy butt outta bed!"

Red deadpanned. "Yeah. Because I totally wasn't just trying to wake you up for the exact same reason."

Leaf smiled. "Come on bro. Let's finish packing and get ready."

Red frowned. "You haven't finished packing?"

Leaf frowned as well. "Yeah. And you have?"

Red sweatdropped. "Uh...Yeah?"

Leaf swore. Red's eyes widened. "Woah. Okay. Someone's grumpy today."

Leaf just glared at him. "How many more minutes?"

Red looked at the clock. "Around forty."

They locked eyes. "I'll get breakfast, you pack and get ready. After ten minutes, we switch. Deal?" Red stuck out his fist.

Leaf smiled. "I like the way you think partner."

They fistbumped and dashed off to where they needed to be, Red downstairs to make the breakfast, and Leaf to the closet to pack.

A few minutes later, they were both done and ready to go.

(I love how organized and unorganized they can be at the same time)

Leaf looked to the mantle to see a picture. It had been taken four years earlier, back when she was still ten.

She walked over to the picture and picked it up.

It was a picture of her, Red, and her parents, Silver and Crystal. In the picture, 5-year-old Leaf was seated on Silver's shoulders, and Crystal was holding Red's shoulders and laughing. Red was smiling at his sister, even in the picture it was clear how much he cared for her.

In the picture, Leaf was wearing a bracelet. The same bracelet that she never took off. She hadn't taken it off since the day...her parents disappeared.

(Flashback Start)

Ten-year-old Leaf Green raced to her mom and dad, they were standing on the front porch with their arms open, suitcases by their feet. She crashed into her parents as they pulled her into a hug.

"We'll miss you guys," said Leaf's father. Twelve-year-old Red smiled and came over and wrapped his parents and little sister in a giant bear hug.

"Yeah, we'll also miss you. Mom, Dad, we...I will miss you everyday you're gone," said Red, holding his sister tightly. Leaf poked him in the side. "So will I!" she shouted, not wanting to be outdone by her brother.

Their mom chuckled. "Well, remember Red. Always take care of your sister. I love you so much honey. Besides, it's only for a month and a half. We'll see each other again." Red hugged his mom again then went to help his dad with the luggage, leaving Crystal alone to talk with Leaf.