Is Jaemin's ready to trust again?

******

Sandwich, sausage and orange juice were already prepared when Jaemin got down from his room and there was his mom, watching for today's news while waiting for him.

"Morning mom." Jaemin greets Mrs. Na to get her attention.

Quickly, she noticed him and gave him a usual warm smile. And for the first time after the storm, Jaemin responded with a little smile. So specifically, Mrs. Na was literally taken aback when he witnessed his only son smile.

"Oh my god." she gasps and covers her mouth with her both hands.

"Jaemin, my baby. Did you just smile at me?" she added and cupped her son's cheeks and Jaemin innocently shook his head.

He did?

Since when? He didn't know.

"Uhm, is there a problem with that mom?"

"Nothing. I'm just happy. It's been a long time since I saw you smile." she smiled and caressed her son's soft raven hair.

Okay fine, he really did smile.

As soon as Mrs. Na hugged him, Jaemin's heart softened. Knowing that her mother felt relieved, Jaemin felt that another thorn from his heart had fallen. What now? Should he tell Jeno about his family matter? But Jaemin was scared as hell because he was traumatized from his past, the time when he told his friends about his problem. Including his other friends. Renjun, Donghyuck, Mark, Jisung and Chenle. Wow. He made friends but still he can't believe it.

He can't keep it a secret forever.

"Who's that boy with you yesterday?"

Oh, his mother must have seen it.

"He's my f-friend. Jeno."

"Really? I'm happy for you Jaeminie. I can tell that your friend is kind. Look, he even take you home."

"Yeah. I guess."

After taking his breakfast, Jaemin went to his mother to say goodbye and kiss her cheek. He somehow feels grateful today.

When Jaemin was out of his house, he almost passed out when he saw a figure of Jeno standing beside their gate. Jeno was waiting for him.

"Yah! You scared me. What are you doing here?" Jaemin asked him flustered.

"I'm waiting for you because I want to go to school with you. Gotta problem with that?"

Jaemin shook his head and tightened his grip into his backpack strap. Well, he didn't expect Jeno to come so he's happy to see him today.

But why would he?

He didn't know. He's just happy and feeling great out of a sudden and by his presence.

"Good. Come on."

Jeno reaches for his hand and holds it tight and then they're both heading to their school now. The younger keeps trying hard not to smile by biting his lower lip, he's afraid that Jeno would find him weird.

"Excuse me, uhm. Why are you holding my hand? I'm not a kid anymore for your information." Jaemin asked him.

"Yes, you aren't a kid anymore but your cuteness is making me think that you're still a kid who needs to be taken care of."

"What? Cuteness? Seriously, when are you going to stop teasing me?" Jaemin whines and stomps his feet on the ground.

"I'm not teasing you Nana." the older said and his eye-smile flashing into the younger.