Chapter 43: Schuyler → Hamilton, Peggy → ... Who?

Start from the beginning

Eliza giggled. "I say we focus on our relationship now."

oOo

Peggy's POV

Peggy was depressed.

All her sisters had boyfriends now, and they weren't paying any attention to her. Laf was amazing, as usual, but ever since she rejected him, it was just awkward.

With Maria and Herc slowly bonding again, Peggy was just there. She was basically 7th wheeling when Laf wasn't around, which he almost never was. He had agreed to be a teacher's assistant in French, and he got money out of it. But he was constantly tutoring the other girls in their grade. Peggy had seen him with all the other girls (and few guys) laughing and talking.

Scratch that.

Peggy was jealous.

She had to become someone else.

Something else.

For a boy?

It was Laf, not just any boy. Plus, she needed a change.

Really? You love yourself like you are, right?

No, I'm too kiddish. I want a change.

No, you don't.

Yes, I do.

I need it.

Peggy grabbed her make up kit. It was time to go to work.

Lafayette's POV

"Well, this was really fun and everything," Adrienne said.

"Oui, it was nice to get to know you." Laf replied.

Adrienne was the new foreign French exchange student. She was learning English from Laf since he was bilingual enough.

"So, I was wondering, do you want to get dinner tomorrow?" Adrienne flashed a bright smile.

Laf flinched inwardly. "Um, I actually have something tomorrow."

"Oh." Adrienne's smiled dimmed. "How about next week?"
Laf laughed awkwardly. "I have this, uh, friend's date thing."

Please get the message, please get the message, please get the message.

"The week after?"

This girl wasn't giving up.

"I'll see." Lafayette ended the conversation quickly. "I have to go see someone. Bye."

Laf walked away quickly. Even if Peggy rejected him, they still had their friend's dates, right? Maybe John was right. He should let Peggy go.

Not. Yet.

oOo

"WE MADE IT WE FINISHED COLLEGE, WE FINISHED SCHOOOOOOL!" Eliza was prancing around the room with a worried Alex right behind her.

"Eliza, honey, don't over-exert yourself," Alec tried in vain to calm his wife down.

"Alex, I'm not even showing a baby bump yet! I CAN AFFORD TO BE EXCITED, OKAY?" Eliza suddenly lashed out at him, her entire demeanor changing.

Alex backed up meekly. "Mood swings..."

Eliza reverted back to her crazy-happy mode. "FUN, FUN, FUN!"

"Okay, 'Liza, Alex might have a point," Angie stared at her sister. "Also, we technically haven't graduated yet."

Eliza glared at her. "I want my Peeps!"

"Healthy eating!" Alex quickly interjected.

"Aww, Alex, let her have a little." John was a sucker to Eliza, especially since her pregnancy.

"Have you seen her on a sugar high?" Alex shook his head. "Absolutely not. And especially since it's grad!"

"Where's Peggy?" Maria wondered.

"Oh, I haven't seen her for ages," Angelica frowned.

Baby Theo started to wail. "Hush, hush!" John frantically quieted the baby.

"John has become quite the father in these couple days." Angie smirked.

"Ship, ship, ship, ship, ship!" Eliza whisper-screamed, jumping up and down.

"Eliza, we're together." John blushed at Eliza's childish antics.

"Bleh, bleh, bleh, bleh," Eliza suddenly punched John's shoulder. "You're obviously so in love! Get married, weirdos!"

"So who thinks Eliza's acting more like a baby than Theo Jr.?" Maria asked.

Eliza glared at her venomously. "Maria! Do I look like a baby? Do I act like a baby? NO!"

"No and yes." Maria interjected.

Eliza sighed. "Well, babies get what they want." She leaned over and grabbed a Peep from her dresser. "Sugar!"

"Did you all choose your grad dresses?" Angelica asked, tearing her eyes away from her sister.

"Um, duh!" Eliza wiped her sugary Peep hands on Alex, who cringed slightly.

"Peggy said she'll come directly to grad." Angelica said, checking her phone.

"That's weird." Eliza said, the curves of her lips bending slightly downwards. "She usually checks in with us first."

"Are you sad that our little Peggy is growing up?" Maria teased.

"No!" Eliza said stubbornly.

"Alright, it's settled." John clapped his hand together. "We'll all meet at the field at 4 for grad, then graduate, then celebrate by getting really drunk!"

"I feel like every time we've ever drank, something always goes wrong." Angelica said doubtfully.

Alex's face darkened. John didn't notice.

"Oh, come on! What can possibly go wrong?"

oOo

Peggy's POV

Peggy looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was straightened, her lips were glossed, and her dress was... short, or as she liked to call it, fabulous. 

Her eyeliner was done in a perfect cat eye and her contour and highlight was on point. It was a lot for grad, but it looked good.

Really good.

Time to impress.

Oh no, poor Pegsters...

DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT WE'RE CLOSE TO ENDING THIS BOOK AND ALSO WE'RE NEARLY AT 5K 

Yeah, it blows my mind too

K HOPE U ENJOYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

- Angie, 'Liza