Not Like Everyone Else (2)

Start from the beginning

  "Would you look at that, Nico's here," I exclaimed with fake surprise as Nico knocked on the door.

  "You will address him as Mr. Di Angelo," my mother scolled.

  "Goodbye mother," I waved as I opened the door and smiled at Nico.

  "No! Invite him in fr-" I heard my mother say but I closed the door before I could hear the rest.

  "Thank gods for sweet release," I said with relief as Nico kindly helped me into the carriage.

  "Glad I could be of assistance," Nico smiled at me. The carriage started moving and I eagerly started pulling out all the pins supporting my hair and putting them carelessly into my delicate purse. My hair was soon falling around my shoulders and I ran a hand gratefully through. I averted my attention to out the window and watched as the people, buildings, and other sights passed by. We sat in silence for a while, me gazing out the window while feelings Nico's gaze on me.

  "Why are you staring at me?" I asked suddenly, turning to face Nico sitting across from me.

  "Why not? You're beautiful after all."

  "Please skip all of the flattery and formality and give me a straight answer."

  "That was my straight answer."

  "Okay then," I said skeptically and turned back to the window.

  "What? You think I'm wrong?" Nico asked, switching over to the side of the carriage I was sitting on.

  "You're not particularly correct."

  "I think I am more than correct." I rolled my eyes and turned dismissively back to the window showing that I was done with the conversation. We sat in a slightly tense silence till we reach the gardens. Nico helped me politely out of the carriage and offered me his arm. I took it hesitantly, very aware of the fact that we were completely out in the open and everyone could see us. The youngest and least proper daughter from the (Y/LN) family and the only child from the Di Angelo family with unimaginable potential. 

  "Just ignore everyone," Nico whispered to me, practically reading my mind.

  "Great, I'll just pretend everyone's not judging everything about me and despising the fact that I'm with you," I whispered sarcastically back.

  "And what exactly does that mean?" He asked, still quiet.

  "It means that everyone thinks that I'm the last person anyone would want and you're out of your mind because you're spending time with me," I muttered back.

  "You can call this a date if you want, I'm not opposed to it," He whispered quickly before straightening to shake hands with some random fancy-looking man and I was left to consider and process what he had said. So, he basically just said he wanted to court me. My parents are going to flip out. My sisters are going to kill me. I'm going to pass out, wake up, and then pass out again.

  The fancy man left and I mindlessly followed Nico as he led me to a quaint looking bench. I sat down beside him still silent.

  "Are you okay-" He stared, laying a gentle hand on my arm.

  "Did you just say you'd like to court me? Because if you did I like people who tell me what they want instead of just beating around the bush," I asked quickly. Nico smirked, looked down, and nodded. He appeared to be contemplating something and it was really infuriating.

  "Just tell me, Di Angelo," I said.

  "Yes," He replied, still nodding, "I guess I did say that."

  "You guess or you know? Spit it out," I pressed him impatiently. 

  "I did," Nico said, appearing slightly nervous now.

  "Good," I nodded. I tried to keep my face as calm as possible but really I was exploding with butterflies.

  "Good?"

  "Yes, that is what I said."

  "You mean you'd agree to my courtship?" Nico asked, a grinning growing on his face.

  "I could, but it's hard to agree to an indirect question."

  "Well, then, (Y/F/N), would you make me the happiest man on earth and let me court you?"

  "A little dramatic, but yes."

  I'm pretty sure both of us had huge silly grins on our faces by then but I didn't really care.

Yeetle, I started writing this like 2 weeks ago and this ending sucked but sure thing.

~Di Angel