Fun?

After school I found myself looking forward to rehearsal. The only difference today was we had booked the auditorium and there was no supervision or students. I was still in my pale blue and white uniform when I entered the auditorium, finding Zayn already there, listening to the track. He smiled when I entered, I looked down. 

"Skye? About yesterday, I'm really sorry... I didn't want to interrupt or be nosy...you have no idea how sorry I am." He said to my back.

I placed my bag on the side of the stage and turned my head towards him, and, for the first time in months, I smiled truthfully.

I loved this dance. It was so perfect, Miss Hattwell wasn't so bad at choreographing. There were parts where we had to maintain a certain position for part of the music, and other times when we were moving so fast I became dizzy. 

"You know what?" I asked.

"Mmmm?"

"I think this is the first time I actually enjoyed myself since the start of the year."

"Well that's a long time isn't it?"

"Trust me, it feels longer than you think."

The back of my neck was resting on his shoulder, his warmth so comforting.  We swayed to the music, waiting patiently for the upbeat tune to start. His fingers were tangled in mine, his smile so honest I had to laugh for some reason. I spun so fast I felt wild and Zayn held me with such perfection it seemed impossible to fall. The last part of the dance was daunting. One wrong move could sprain an ankle. With practice I spun to the left of him, his hands stable on my waist. In seconds he threw me in the air, I spun and prepared to land. The leap was too short, resulting in an odd looking spin and drastic fall. I shut my eyes and waited for the thud and pain, but Zayn caught me, bride style. I was breathless and dumbstruck, my arm wrapped around his neck. He laughed and said "Tada!" as the music ended. He placed me gently on the floor.

"I have no idea why I'm dancing. I swear I'm the clumsiest in the world!" I laughed. We sat and replenished out thirst from our drink bottles.

"But it was fun." I said.

"You have no idea of fun do you?" He asked, hiding a laugh.

_____________________________________________________________________________

If you are going to ask how I managed to be ice skating after school with someone I met only the day before, don't bother.

So there I was, after rehearsal, Zayn's arms still around me as I slid and landed bum first on the ice. We laughed so hard our faces were burning though our bums were freezing. Zayn leant me a hand and we continued to skate. He was so good at it, twirling and showing off. He held my hand, and I didn't mind, because I knew without it I'd be lying on ice. 

We sat in a small coffee shop beside the ice-skating centre, sipping hot chocolate and playing twenty questions.

"Favourite colour?"

"Blue, but I would find that obvious since I'm Skye."

"Favourite...season?"

"Definitely Summer, I hate winter." I admitted.

"Why? I love winter, a small getaway into silent and peaceful darkness."

"I just hate cold things, and darkness." I shrugged, sipping from my mug.

We had to catch the train back to Wishleburg before eight when darkness crept in. It was so cold I found myself shivering vigorously beside Zayn. He had the window seat and I begged for a heater. Zayn took off his jacket and put it on me.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."

It was red and it smelt of him. From the corner of my eye I saw him gazing out of the window, his eyes so deep and his gaze so fixed. I had to admit, he was beautiful. I was warm and comfortable. I fell asleep, my head resting on Zayn's shoulder. Suddenly the hole that Amelia, Dad, George and Scotch left in me didn't feel so empty.

_____________________________________________

SONG IS I LOVE YOU Avril Lavinge..ENJOY!>>>