Chapter 6

"Lina." she breathed out with tears brimming her eyes. Fifer collected herself and ran out to her car after running out screaming Lina's name. After starting it, she took off to where Bill and the others would be. Richie was the first to notice her. "Hey Fifer what's u-" he started. "He took her! He took lina." she said as tears rolled down her face. "Who did?" bev asked. "That damn clown."Fifer said. "Y-you s-s-saw it too?" Bill said. All Fifer could do was nod her head. They didn't know where it was hiding or how to defeat it, but now they have to figure it out fast.
     The next few days was hell for Fifer and her mom. Vic and the boys had to bring her class work to her from where she missed those few days. "Don't worry Fifer, they'll find her." Belch said trying to be optimistic. "I hope so,it's been to quiet and hell since she disappeared." Fifer replied. She didn't want to say anything but she was starting to doubt Lina was still alive. Henry and Patrick tried being optimistic for her but nothing worked.
The sound of the house phone ringing woke Fifer from her sleep and she got up to answer it. "Hello?"Fifer asked. "Yes hello,is this Fifer Moon?"a woman on the other line asked. "Yes this is she." She replied with a wary voice. "This is Monica with Bristol Animal Shelter, I was giving you a call to let you know one of our wardens found your dog at the local bar here in town." Monica said. "Is she ok? Is she skinny or just right for her breed?" Fifer asked. "Yes and she's a healthy weight, you can pick her up tomorrow if you'd like." She replied. "Yes,I'll be there, thank you." Fifer said and hung up the phone. She went back to bed after tuning the light off. 'At least Luna's alive.' She thought as pebbles hit her window. She walked over and opened it to see Vic. "What are you doing? It's 2:00 in the morning.@ Fifer said annoyed. "We wanted to make sure you were still here." He said entering her room. "We?"she asked as the rest of the gang and the losers club climbed through her window. "You guys are getting along." She said surprised. "We're doing it for you, you're our friend." Eddie said sitting down on her floor. She couldn't help but smile, they were civil with each other for her. " I have good news, Luna was found. I have to go in the morning to Bristol to pick her up." Fifer said as she leaned against her head board. "That's good,we were starting to worry." Mike said sitting between Ben and Bev.
    Once everyone settles down and fell asleep in their spots it was close to six in the morning. Fifer was hesitant about letting Henry and Belch share her bed with her but they were to tired to care. She was just happy to have friends that cared and to be able to get actual sleep. When everyone had woken up, Fifer and Vic ushered them to her dining room for breakfast.
       The moment everyone got their bellies full, they all dispersed to their own homes or just out and about. Henry and Vic stayed behind to go with Fifer to pick up Luna from B.A.S. in Lincoln County. "Ready to go you two?"she asked as she entered the living room. "Yeah,let's get your dog back."Henry said. As he passed her she notice bruises and both old and fresh scars on his biceps and the back of his neck. Vic nodded and followed behind him to her car. After locking the house up and starting the car, the three of them headed to Bristol to pick Luna up. 'Why did Luna run to Bristol? What had her so spooked that she went about twenty miles from home?' Fifer asked herself. She was happy to get Luna back but she will still feel alone without Lina.