Part 2: Khushi's Day Out

"What will I do all alone here in this big house?"

She twitched her nose sitting opposite to him on the dining table. Arnav gulped down the last bite of the buttered toast and finished the glass of orange juice before looking at his wife.

Arnav - There are a lot of things you can do alone.

Khushi - For example?

Arnav - I don't know, for example...watch numerous movies, do some photoshoot, shop online, roam around naked etc.

She looked at her husband shocked for suggesting such a thing. She got up and followed him to the door as he wore his coat and grabbed his briefcase to leave.

Khushi - Why would I roam around naked?

Arnav - I don't know, but I'd for sure love to see you naked when I return.

He winked at her to which she made a face, yet couldn't help but blush either. He pulled her into his arms sharing a goodbye kiss with her.

Arnav - Adjust for today. We'll think of something then.

* * *

After having finished all the household chores, she'd spend nearly two hours on calls with the Raizadas and Guptas who were missing her equally as much as she missed them. She'd shown them their new home where they'll be living for a year now.

It was a duplex apartment with two bedrooms on the upper floor, a living area, an open kitchen and a bathroom on the ground floor. But what Khushi liked the most was that there was a spacious terrace connected through french windows to the living room. Along with groceries, Arnav had purchased many plants and gardening tools too. While she spent most of her time yesterday with unpacking the suitcases, cleaning and decorating the house, he'd spent all that time with gardening on the terrace.

It was noon yet and Khushi had no idea what to do for the rest of the day. She's never been completely alone in a house for so long before. How was she supposed to know how to waste your time all alone?

Some footsteps grabbed her attention and she walked over to the door to look through the peephole.

Khushi - So she is our unneighbourly neighbour.

Her voice must have made it through as the lady turned towards her door. Khushi gasped and backed off immediately.

Khushi - Hey DM, she heard me I guess. Can she see through the hole from other side? No Khushi, that...would be illogical or? But why not? What if she's watching me right now from the peephole?

She looked up at the hole once and stepped aside to get out of the sight.

Khushi - I think you're just overreacting Khushi. What if she heard you? She couldn't have understood you anyway. C'mon, don't be stupid. Open the door and greet her. We're neighbours now.

Finally keeping her dupatta on her shoulder, she opened the door ready to greet her neighbour. But the lady wasn't there anymore.

Khushi - She already went in...should I knock and say hello? What if she doesn't like it? But what if she doesn't like it either that we moved in here opposite to her but didn't even say hello? DM, what a dilemma.

She noticed the nameplate on the wall beside the door and then went through all the nameplates on the floor curiously.

Khushi - Chal Khushi, now let's go back home...home, this apartment. Just one year and then you'll be back to your real home...saying one year as if it's a day.

She smacked herself on head and touched the knob to open the door which was closed by now.

* * *