She's My Proof

December 16, 2011

"She doesn't wanna see you, kid," Danny said as he pushed me back, "You better get going."

"No, please," I begged, "Just one last time."

I stood there, waiting for Aria. It was three in the morning, and her flight leaves at 5. This is probably the last time we'll see each other, so maybe I would take up all the courage I have left and make it through here.

"Harley?" A voice calls out from inside the house. "What are you doing here, Harley?" Aria appears and walks towards the doorway. Her hair was a mess, her eyes were being rubbed, and her words were being foamed as she was still half asleep. God, she looked so perfect without even trying to. No wonder why I didn't deserve someone like her.

"I came here to give you this," I said as I handed her a box. She took it from my palm and opened it. "A silver necklace?" She said, looking at me with a smile. Her small eyes were even made smaller when she did that. She looked cute. She looked like an adorable Korean. Well, actually she was Korean.

"I got it for you," I told her, "It's just something for you to remember me by."

"That's nice of you," she says, as she closes the box and hands it back to me. Her voice was calming and beautiful, and I felt butterflies in my stomach whenever she talked to me like that. "I just can't take it..."

"Why?" I asked her.

"It's because I barely know you," she answers back, "I'm sorry."

And just like that, she became my proof that life will always be bitter to me.