chapter 1

natsus prov

Lucy Heartfillia yawned slumping on her desk struggling to stay awake, as usual I wasn't surprised that she stayed up all night, she is a natural night owl, as far as I know at least. I was quick to turned my head before anyone could realize I was looking at her. A bancho shouldn't fall in love, if they ever did then their lover would be kidnapped by another gang. A simple rule every delinquent knew. Especially the bancho (A.K.A. delinquent's leader) if you didn't know that.

I didn't mean to be bancho, I didn't even want that. on the first day of school in my freshmen year of high school a guy got into my business and started fighting me, I punched him and he was knocked out. Little did I know he was the bancho. Soon enough I was this big gang leader. I had no clue how that happened at first until I realized that man was a delinquent. Gray Smacked the back of my head and I got up quickly.

"what's the matter pink freak?" Gray spat getting in my face.

I punched him in the face knocking him to the ground," piss off gray!"

Gray glared at me and scrambled away, I then sat back down putting my feet on top of the worthless desk. When I turned to Lucy she was staring right at me, her head turned immediately as if embarrassed. I sighed, Erza came through the door and Sat in between Me and Gray. Lucy waved and my heart leapt, but before I waved back I realized she was waving at Erza.

That's when I realized that Erza saw me wave. My eyes widened as she grinned, as if she could read my thoughts she brushed a finger across her lips as if she was zipping them. I still was a little more than scared. If Erza told anyone...

It would be nuclear.

When the bell rang Erza brushed past me, "So... Mr. Bancho has a crush... I heard Gray was going to rob her today. Usually I would deal with this, but how about you deal with this."

My jaw dropped, "I can't go up and talk to her!"

Erza raised an eyebrow, "so you're going to let her get kidnaped?"
"no-I-Ugh!" I Stuttered and when I went to tell her that it was her job, Erza was long gone. I found Gray and Erza had been correct, he had her wallet. I talked Gray to the ground and punched him in the face. His Necklace scratched my forehead causing me to bite my tongue slightly.

"what is your deal?!" Gray asked angered. I snatched the wallet and put it in my pocket.

"I don't have to explain myself!" I spotted lucys blonde head and sprinted after her.

"Lucy!" She started to sprint and I cursed under my breath.

Lucy

I sure am exhausted today, I stayed up late writing a book. I'm curious as ever, I've seen Natsu look at me a few times it seems I'm the only one to catch him, but... I can never be sure why. I've never seen a delinquent leader like him, or whatever they call each other. Natsu is defiantly interesting, for one he never starts a fight. People always fight him but he never starts the fight and he doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as the others either. The last bell rang and all the student were free to go home, In my opinion it could not have ended sooner! I grabbed my bags and headed for my locker. When I got everything arranged I closed it, Gray was right in my face he smirked stepping closer to me.

"I want your wallet"

I Stared at him trying not to look scared," wh-what??"

Gray rolled his eyes and put his hand out expecting me to pay, "I'm not afraid to hit a woman Lucy"

I bit my tongue and took my driver's license out of my wallet and handed it to him. Gray snatched it and let out a cheesy grin. I ran away angrily, I needed that food for dinner tonight and now I was left with nothing.

Then I heard my name, "Lucy!" I sprinted, what else did gray want? He had my wallet, did he want my car keys too. I wasn't staying to find out I ran all the way to my car. Then... I realized it was natsu yelling my name. I froze and turned around, why was he calling after me.

"what?" I asked confused.

He handed me a wallet, it took me a minute to realize that it was mine. I stared at him and started to smile then gasped," oh my gosh! You're bleeding!"

Natsu's hand touched his head and I could tell he was trying not to make any reaction to prove that he could feel pain, "It's fine, just a scratch!"

My eyes narrowed as I stared at him, "here come to my house. I have some Band-Aids at home."

Natsu's eyes widened and he shook his head, "It's fine really! I'm fine." He started to walk away and I grabbed his hand.
"Why? Why are you running from me?" I asked curiously.

"You don't want to be seen with me" Natsu pulled away from me and turned to gaze at me. "Unless you want to be caught up in chaos then it would be best, Haven't you heard the saying Delinquents don't date? I'll tell you a secret, It has nothing to do with choice..."

He started to walk away so I grabbed his scarf and Pulled him back looked firmly into his eyes," And what If I did?"

Natsu stared at Me shocked, "You'd be making a huge mistake"

I laughed and smiled," I would have to determine that myself. Get in the car Natsu"

I let go of his scarf and unlocked the car and handed him the keys," you're going to drive me home, wait for me to clean your cut then I will study with you"

Natsu raised his eyebrows," And why would you do that?"

I laughed, "Did you really think no-one saw you? You kinda seemed to doze off at..." I looked over natsus shoulder to see Gray with a black eye and all beaten up.

"I... I see where you're coming from... I think" Natsu blushed looking down.