Broken Bond Ch.11/ Pg.7

Elias looks at Jacob and hugs him. Jacob gasps as he feels Elias hug him. Joy looks at the two old friends then notices Jacob hugs Elias back tightly, making her pin her ears back. “j…Jacob…I…I’m going to miss you.” Jacob pats his back “Elias after all we’ve been through, I’m going to be missing you…thank you for being a good friend.” 

“I…I Just…w…wish it c…couldn’t end like this Elias.” Jacob closes his eyes tightly, and grits his teeth as a tear falls from his scarred eye “so this was your plan? To end a friendship in our  favorite place?” Jacob sniffs “w…what else…w…would…it…b…be? I don’t…w…want us to beat each other up t…to end it.” Elias sniffs “I’m…g…glad it didn’t end up in violence.” They press their heads against each other and shed tears of pain, sorrow and sadness.

Joy notices the pain they both feel, making her sniff softly, and think to herself “aww, poor things.” Jacob and Elias stop crying, then break up the hug “ thanks for standing by my side when it was needed.” Jacob smiles “same, goes to you Elias.”

They all walk to a small sandy area and sit down Jacob and Elias side by side and Joy next to Elias. While they sit down they look at the Moonlit sky and listen to the waves of the ocean as they hit the rocks below the cliff. “a nice calm night, no violence, no worries just us three together enjoying what time we have together.” Jacob, smiles at Elias “I was just about to say that.” Elias chuckles “beat, you to it.”

“ you two, are just too cute!” Joy giggles, then lays her head on Elias’ shoulder “mnn, this is what life can be like if it was peaceful, nothing to worry about, calm and beautiful.” Elias lays on the sand with his hands behind his head, and relaxes. Joy giggles, and lays her head on him and looks up at the sky. Jacob smiles and does the same, but rests his head on Elias’ leg that’s arched making him sigh softly. “you, know Elias even though you weren’t here with us when we were little, I’m glad you could be here right now.”

“I wish we didn’t reunite at the wrong time.” Jacob closes his eyes and sighs heavily “same here Elias, but I guess things like this happen for a reason.” Elias uses his paw and brushes it through Joy’s hair making her purr “yeah, I guess they do Jacob.”  Joy, then looks into Elias’ eyes and kisses his chin “heh, babe you always surprise me with kisses.” Joy giggles “ I do it because I love you Elias.” Jacob chuckles as he hears Joy and Elias talking “You, two are going to be a perfect couple when you’re married, and once you do get married, I’m going to happily watch your ceremony.”

Elias, chuckles “would you like to be the best man at our wedding Jacob?” Jacob laughs “just don’t kill me ok Elias!” they all laugh together happily And Jacob relaxes “heh, it feels great to finally be out and talk to you instead of trying to kill my best friend.” Elias places a paw on Jacob’s shoulder and smiles “sadly, we both have to move on Jacob.” Jacob looks at the floor “I don’t know if I really want to Elias.”

“but Jacob, if we don’t move on we’ll both get in trouble.” Jacob looks at Elias and hugs him “I don’t care Elias!” He holds him tightly “I need my best friend.” Elias hugs him back “I need my best friend too, but Jacob we’re going to Have to live with it.” Jacob droops his ears “ but, Elias?” Jacob looks at him sadly “I just can’t seem to get over what happened Jacob, you hurt my brother, your father killed my parents,  you hurt me, and you stabbed joy.”

Jacob growls a bit in pain “do you think I wanted to do those things Elias!” Joy notices Jacob is getting mad And backs away slowly “please, calm down Jacob.” Jacob tries calming down and sighs softly “lets, just get back to the house. I don’t want to scare you two.”

Elias, wraps a arm around Jacob’s back “I know it’s hard for us Jacob.” Jacob clenches his hand into a fist “I hate it Elias, this city feels like hell to me.” Joy, hugs her brother “ we’re here for you tonight and tomorrow morning Jacob.” He hugs her “I know Joy and I’m sorry for hurting you both.”

Elias smiles “no, need to apologize Jacob.” Jacob smiles back softly and walks to the edge of the cliff and stands there for a little bit, he takes a deep breath, then walks to the ATV “this was a nice peaceful night.”

Elias, gets to the ATV and sits on it with Joy sitting behind him and hugging him “I’m, glad we could spend our last time as friends here by the lighthouse Jacob.” Jacob smiles then pins his ears back “yeah, it was quite great.” He revs the ATV’s engine and begins to drive back down the trail with Elias following behind him with the other ATV.