"Kaname-sama," Aido began and Kaname looked at him, his wine eyes boring into him as if he could penetrate his mind with just the weight of his glance alone.

"What do you have to report to me, Aido?"

"Zero-sama was the one who chiefly bore the weight of the attack, though it seemed he was not the initial target and that his blood's scent drew them to him alone. We were forced to defend him when our own targets gave up in favor of attacking him, but he- he laid waste to them on his own within moments. The others were shocked at his ability's response and I believe they will report it to their families if they fail to keep it to themselves. Though when Zero-sama healed their wounds, quite a few of them were won over to his side. I have no doubt that some of the younger ones will flock to him in response." Aido reported and Kaname waved him on.

"What were the extent of his injuries?"

"He was clawed up pretty badly on his back, shoulders, and chest. It appears that some of the level Es claws were laced with some chemical of some sort. The liquid that seeped from his wounds when I treated him was violet and I have already taken samples to test."

"Does Kiryu know of this chemical?"

Aido shook his head, "No, I thought it best to keep quiet about it until I knew what it was. The less people know about it I thought would be better."

Kaname nodded, "Have his wounds already begun to heal?"

"No," Aido replied, "I don't know why, but they are failing to heal- probably a result of the chemical as his chest appears to be healing far better than his back and shoulders."

Kaname nodded, sipping from a wine glass before waving Aido off.

Aido took his leave then, leaving the brown haired Pureblood alone.

Kaname held off for a few minutes, sitting quietly in contemplation before his mark began to sear into his chest painfully- angry that he had failed to protect his mate- angry that he had yet to do his duty to heal him.

He downed the rest of the wine and stripped off his jacket before leaving his office, finding himself within his mate's room before he realized it fully.

Yuki, his dear sister, was lying down on the couch, her hair a mess around her face as she slept beneath a blanket still in her uniform.

The TV above the fireplace played softly in the background as he scanned her over, trying desperately to feel for her what he had before he had mated with the person who was supposed to be her Knight in this war with Rido.

He walked past her, distinctly feeling the lack of sadness that seeing her should have brought.

The bond was overwhelming him now as he was practically dragged by an invisible rope to the Pureblood on the bed before him.

Zero was laying on his chest, a thin sheet laid over top of him up to his waist where the only covering from there up was a white wife beater dyed crimson by his leaking bandages.

He stirred as Kaname drew close enough for him to smell over his own overpowering bloody scent.

"Kaname?" He breathed, looking up at him as if coming out of a daze.

"How are you feeling?" Kaname asked him and the silver haired Bride snorted in reply.

"Not so great."

They both knew he was referring to his end of the bond and his injuries.

"I know." Kaname replied and Zero sat up on his knees and turned over to lean against the headboard with a small hiss as his back made contact.