If I Ain't Got You *Part2*

Začít od začátku

How I realized that I was free- that I wasn’t tied down to Dan, to keep up with his whining and whatnot.

The comfort and safety I feel whenever I was with Liam no longer felt bad.

And that tear… it was a tear of relief.

Relief to know that some other people do love me, and hope that this man- the one who made me happy at that moment, can be one of those people… or maybe even the one.

But I blew the opportunity.

I hurt him, I embarrassed him.

He trusted me and I failed him.

But then again, I trusted him. I trusted him that he will tell me everything, whatever it was. I was comfortable with him because I knew he would never lie to me.

But he never lied did he? It was his secret to keep, I was a nobody.

Unfortunately, he would disagree to that. According to him I was now the love of his life, right?

I groaned and raised my legs up to my chest and wrapped it with my arms. Keeping the album between my legs and chest.

I need to stop getting myself alone when I’m depressed. I think way too much.

I pulled the letterman jacket I had on, I smiled remembering that day I got it.

“He’s right, you deserve better than this…” Liam says. “I’ll see you around dork.”

I chuckled remembering his teasing.

Luckily, my pity party was put to an end when a set of headlights came from the end of the street. I had to squint and raise my hands over my eyes to block it as it drove nearer.

The car pulled up across the street.

I had to blink a few seconds to get my sight back. I heard the car door close and a set of foot step walking toward me.

If this wasn’t Liam, I would be in so much trouble. I thought.

“Hey…”

I looked up at him, then away. “Hey…”

“I thought I’d find you here.” he said sitting beside me.

“I knew you would.” I said and glanced at him.

He raised a brow, “You were expecting me to find you?”

I took a deep breath, “Yeah.” I glanced at him, then look away instantly. “I know you aren’t a jerk Liam, even if you were mad, it wouldn’t stop you from coming to find me or telling Henry or Xander that they might find me here.”

“True.” he said, “You trusted me that much?”

“I still do.” I said in almost a whisper.

“Then why did you run away?”

I frowned and stared down at the album in my arms.

“You know I’m not good with crowds Liam.” I said. “Plus you put me on the spot, it was like you were pressuring me to tell you that I would go out with you or else I’ll be embarrassing you in front of all those people.”

“I did that cause it was the only way you’d know that I was serious.” He said, “That I would be crazy if I even tried to cheat on you or something-“