I Won't Give Up

It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. -James A. Baldwin 

Liam’s POV

“So I’m doing this.” I said. “I’m doing this cause it will make me happy, if she turns me down, then I just have to wait for fate to bring me happiness. But I’m not messing this one up.”

“Don’t do it.” she finally said.

“I need to.”

“Please don’t.”

“Why not.”

“Cause I don’t want to disappoint you, Liam…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“What? How-“

“Just please don’t do this…” a sob escapes her.

“What’s going on?” I asked. “I thought that none of them knows who I am.”

“They don’t-“

“You’re not supposed to feel like this Liam…” she continued. “We’re supposed to be friends, I trusted you!”

Then it all fell in place, I ran to the booth and pushed the curtain aside, and inside I saw her in tears.

“Justice…”

She stared at me, before she turned and ran toward the back of the booth.

“Justice!”

“Follow them!” I heard a male voice from behind me as I ran after Justice.

“Justice wait!” I called to her.

“Just leave me alone Liam!” she shouted at me as she made her way around the tent and out. I ran after her to the busy mall.

It was crazy how the mall can still be up and running at 11pm, I just have to say. I looked around and saw her running toward the escalator, so I ran after her, trying my best to be discreet as I don’t want to be seen by the camera men, who I seemed to have lost inside the tent.

I stood at the top of the escalator and saw her sitting down, crying. Half way down already.

So I did what any deranged man would do. I kicked the button that I knew would shut down the escalator.

The people jolted and looked around, wondering what happened. I caught her stand and make her way down.

“Justice!” I called out, “Stop that girl!” I shouted over the crowd.

An old man stepped up and blocked her way.

“Just let me leave in peace Liam!” she shouted trying to get away from the man.

“No.” I snapped, “I’ve had it with you running away.”

“Then just leave me alone!”

“No.” I shook my head and just stood from where I was, while people were looking at me then back at her. it was like a noisy tennis game. “I meant what I said Justice. I meant every word and I’m not letting you leave or would ever leave you alone without knowing why you are so scared. You said you trust me, I thought you trusted me… but after what happened earlier… tonight… I don’t get it why you’re running away from me.”

“Cause I don’t want to hurt you or me!” she shouted, finally facing me. “I don’t want this… I don’t want what we have ruined by something stupid!”