If I Ain't Got You *part1*

Start from the beginning

Then the door opened on one level and I saw the bell boy step in with a three girls obviously checking in.

“Good noon Mr. Montgomery, you’re home early.” He greets as he press the floor where he was ushering the girls with him.

“Hey Jack.” I smiled. “I just wanted to see her, that’s all.”

He gave me a look, “Everyone’s tuned in on the show you know.”

I gave him a weird look, before I realized what he meant. “It’s on now?”

“Yes, didn’t they tell you?”

“Shit.”

“We saw you ran out.” one girl say, “Everyone downstairs are talking about it.”

“Shit.” I swore again.

“Kevin won’t be happy with what you did.” Jack says in a sing song voice. 

I chuckled and shook my head, “I’ll set Henry on him.”

Jack laughed and nodded as the elevator bell rang and opened on where they were to step out.

“They’d both like that.” he said.

“I know.” I said, as the door slid close, “Oh, hey Jack, my girl home?”

“Yes she is.” He said, “She has a shoot later at two though.”

“Urgh, I wish I can get her out of that one.” I said.

“I think it’s easier to call in sick on your line of work than hers.” He says.

Jack was one of the best people at the pent, he’d keep paparazzi and unwanted people away, I trust him enough to let him drop off my girl to anywhere she needs to be. It’s like having a body guard, only he was in a bell boy suit.

“Oh hey…” one of the girl stopped the door from closing, “Listen, I love your girl, she’s the sweetest and the best…” I raised a brow, “but I love you more so in case she runs again…” she hands me a card, “call me.”

I gave her a look and then at Jack who rolled his eyes, “Ok, ok… enough of that.”

“But they’re the reason we checked in-“

“But you’re paying for our accommodation, not there’s.” Jack says pulling her away from the door.

“But seriously, we’ll be waiting!” the other girl shouts.

I caught their friend turn red and shook her head.

I stepped away as the door finally closed. I stared at the card on the floor that the girl dropped, I chuckled and shook my head. There was no way I’m letting her run this time.

The elevator finally reached our floor and I rushed out and ran up to our door.

To my surprise the door was open. Then I remembered what Jack said, and it finally fell into place.

I opened the door and the chaos beyond that was equal to the chaos I left at home.

She sat at the sofa looking more beautiful every day, she gave me a sheepish smile, as if caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing.

The whole crew turned to me and I raised a brow as I looked around.

“Well, I didn’t know you can bring home work.” I said, breaking the silence.

Justice laughed and shook her head, “Sorry, I thought you’d be out the whole day for that big project of yours.”

And the teasing begins. I thought. “Someone’s jealous of a building.” I say as I slip out of my coat.