| 03. OH, WOE IS ME!

( 🕷 )

( 🕷 )

Lunch break finally rolled around, freeing every single student from the clutches of stress and school work for an hour every weekday. It was hour dedicated to putting food in your mouth so you could fill your hunger needs, and it was also the time allotted for copying off others' homework before the afternoon classes, or gossiping with your classmates about the latest buzz, or hunting down your upper year crush knowing that you probably don't have a chance anyways.

Quinn Santiago might love learning new things and school in general, but there was definitely nothing that compared to lunch break since she got to eat for the first time since breakfast. She breathed out a sigh, waving goodbye to her friend Cindy before heading over to the cafeteria to take her lunch.

Manuevering through the sea of teenagers in the hallways proved quite a task but Quinn somehow made it out swiftly than she expected, and found her way to the school's cafeteria in record time. Her dark eyes searched the room for any sign of either of her two best friends, and she gave a relieved sigh when she finally spotted them across the room, talking to one another.

Quinn walked over to their table, mentally preparing herself to lie her ass off since they'd probably ask her why she ran off earlier in the morning. She was first noticed by the Leeds boy, whose face brightened up as soon as he made eye contact with her, waving his hands rapidly at the approaching teenager, causing a genuine smile to appear on her tanned face. She matched his own enthusiasm by waving her hands rapidly at him as she made her way towards their table, with Peter soon turning her way and sending her a small wave in contrast to Ned's.

Upon reaching their table, she sat down in the seat across the two of them before placing her backpack down onto the table. "'Sup awesome nerds?" She unzipped her backpack to retrieve the lunch bag Logan handed her earlier in the morning, her two best friends watching her as she did. Her eyes flitted over to the half eaten burger in Ned's plate, and the half eaten mac and cheese in Peter's, wondering why they haven't finished eating their food. "Are you guys done eating?"

Ned shook his head. "Nah, we just went ahead cause we got hungry but then we started talking about the new Star Wars trilogy," he replied, his eyes twinkling upon the mention of his favorite franchise. "Rey is my new favorite, by the way. I mean, having a female Jedi as the main character is just amazing. She's amazing, I love her, I wanna marry her."

Peter shook his head at his friend, before turning his attention to the girl seated across them. She had taken a rather huge bite of her sandwich, and she was struggling to chew it all, as usual, making the boy laugh a little. "Anything new with you?"

Quinn would have breathed out a relieved sigh if she wasn't currently chewing so much food in her mouth. It would seem that they've forgotten that she ran off without them earlier this morning— it was that, or they were deliberately not mentioning it to her, which she was thankful for. She couldn't really explain the real reason why she ran off, it wasn't like she could say, "Oh, I'm sorry I ran off this morning. I was about to cry because I'm in love with my best friend of eight freaking years and he's so freaking infatuated with an older, more intelligent and much smarter girl named Liz Allan and I got so jealous that I almost started bawling right there." Nope, she definitely couldn't.