| 02. BACK TO MIDTOWN

( 🕷 )

( 🕷 )

There were plenty of people who hated the thought of going back to school since that meant the end of their freedom and the beginning of yet another year of stress, learning, school work and drama. And there were also a number of people who loved going back to school since they get to see their friends again, or maybe even crushes, or they just love school in general.

It was a no-brainer that Quinn was a member of the minority, those who actually liked the thought of going back to school. She loved that she got to see new people, those she may recognize in the halls and those she may not. She loved that she gets a new set of classmates this year for all her classes, with her fingers crossed that she had any classes with either Peter or Ned.

Today was the first day of school, and from this day forth until the end of the school year, Quinn was going to be known as a sophomore. Gone were the days she had to be known as fresh meat, she was no longer a mere freshman student anymore.

Quinn adjusted the her pastel purple backpack, running her fingers through her raven hair which she woke up early to curl to perfection. She made a last minute decision to go for a curlier look today, something she secretly hoped would earn a few points in her crush's book although she knew that would be highly unlikely. He was always too busy noticing the girl that caught his eye during freshman year.

"Quinn," she heard a stern voice calling out to her, causing her to slow her steps with a small sigh. The fifteen year old turned around, her curls bouncing as she did. "Wait for me."

Quinn swore that she could hear a few squeals erupting from girls littering the hallways, assuming they were freshmen who have heard all about her brother and his band. She shook her head, her chocolate colored eyes trained on the approaching figure holding out a small brown paper bag.

The halls of Midtown Science High frequently whispered the names of the same thirty-seven students in school, and these students those who were labelled as popular or influential. Not only did students whisper their names, but teachers do as well. And if you leave the high school, whispers of their names would somehow reach those of nearby neighborhoods, maybe even different boroughs if they're popular or influential enough.

It might come as a surprise to say that her older brother was one of these thirty-seven students, seeing as he was the one and only Logan Santiago.

Her older brother was currently a senior at Midtown and he wasn't just known for his killer looks and status as a heartthrob in these halls. He was one of the most intelligent students of his grade, joining the ranks of those like Liz Allan. He was also a friendly face, one who never thought he was too cool or too popular to talk to anyone, and treated everyone equally.